Next Patch

fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
When can we expect the next patch to drop and will in include any new content or just fixes?

Best Answer

Answers

• Cain TetsuoCain Tetsuo Posts: 48Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Was thinking the same thing myself. Feels like I've done everything in game and reported my bugs and balance issues. Just waiting for the next drop.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 963Moderator
    Patience, lads! As we're constantly implementing new features and fixing bugs we always need at least a day of heavy testing, as we don't want to deliver a patch that is more buggy than before. Some features also take more than a week to implement and also have to be tested, so it's hard to say when exactly we'll be delivering the next patch, we need to be patient and find the right time. My guess is that we'll drop the next one in 2-4 weeks (and it will include new features).
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr

Patience, lads! As we're constantly implementing new features and fixing bugs we always need at least a day of heavy testing, as we don't want to deliver a patch that is more buggy than before. Some features also take more than a week to implement and also have to be tested, so it's hard to say when exactly we'll be delivering the next patch, we need to be patient and find the right time. My guess is that we'll drop the next one in 2-4 weeks (and it will include new features).

Specifically can you confirm we will get more content or just bug fixes? Just want to know if I should look forward to it? As the previous poster has mentioned I have pretty much done most of the game and would love to see some mission mechanics and test those.
    Please consider deploying some non-story missions. Thanks!

Keep in mind no mans sky releases on 21st-24th June. You may lose a few of us for a while then ;)
    @Cain Tetsuo Definately. If NMS delivers on even half what's promised many players will move on. I really hope we get some content missions instead of bug fixes.

(and it will include new features).

I wouldn't hold out much hope for any missions before beta, though. We'd love to have heaps of them in the game, but it's a very time consuming task and we have so many other things to do with only a handful of coders. NMS should be fun, I'm looking forward to it!

Very unfortunate but thank you for your honesty. Personally I'm going to come back then in Beta. You can only do so many runs before it becomes a chore.
  • EndusEndus Posts: 4Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    fdiaz78 said:

@Cain Tetsuo Definately. If NMS delivers on even half what's promised many players will move on. I really hope we get some content missions instead of bug fixes.

Really, I don't see the two as competitors. No Man's Sky looks like an exploration-based game in a coherent setting, Everspace is a rogue-like arcade shooter. It's like arguing that either competes with EvE Online. They're all "ships in space" games, but they're pretty different genres within that aesthetic.
    Endus said:

fdiaz78 said:

Really, I don't see the two as competitors. No Man's Sky looks like an exploration-based game in a coherent setting, Everspace is a rogue-like arcade shooter. It's like arguing that either competes with EvE Online. They're all "ships in space" games, but they're pretty different genres within that aesthetic.
    I can't speak for @fdiaz78 but I don't think they are competitors either. NMS is an investment game where you have to put tens or even hundreds of hours into it. Everspace on the other hand can be played for an hour then put down so is far more convenient. My point though was that I'm a fan of almost all space sims out there (other than the trash that Derek Smart puts out) so I'll be playing NMS to death before coming back to Everspace after a few weeks to see what the latest progress is. I think many other alpha players wil have NMS on their steam queue just waiting for release but will come back once they have had their fill. In any case that first month will likely see a fair few players away from Everspace so I hope the next update is out before NMS launches so the devs can get a decent amount of feedback.
    Well NMS got delayed. Come on Rockfish I need a space sim fix to tide me over :-P

Well NMS got delayed. Come on Rockfish I need a space sim fix to tide me over :-P

I hear you. If anything the delay is really going to put on more pressure on them to delivery on the hype.
  • WaterbuckWaterbuck Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Space Cat
    Yep, with NMS delayed my only hope for some "Space-Time" is through EverSpace :smile: