Can we get an ability to change the username we were assigned

GillyGilly Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7
I don't know about everyone else, but I got the email that contained my username and password without getting the ability to change the username, so I'm stuck with what I can only assume is my numerical place in the purchase line as my login name, instead of something I can easily remember, could we possibly get an option to change this.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Moderator Posts: 92
    ES_6604 said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I got the email that contained my username and password without getting the ability to change the username, so I'm stuck with what I can only assume is my place in the purchase line as my login name, instead of something I can easily remember, could we possibly get an option to change this.

Hey there ES_6604, you should be able to edit your username via 'Edit Profile'. Feel free to drop me a message if you still have difficulties.
  • GillyGilly Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 7

ES_6604 said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I got the email that contained my username and password without getting the ability to change the username, so I'm stuck with what I can only assume is my place in the purchase line as my login name, instead of something I can easily remember, could we possibly get an option to change this.

Hey there ES_6604, you should be able to edit your username via 'Edit Profile'. Feel free to drop me a message if you still have difficulties.
    So I can change my nickname, but trying to change the "ES_6604" is like selecting words on an article and typing, it does nothing.

V What my edit profile screen looks like V

http://i.imgur.com/yqYFHlr.png
    Also, looking at "who's online" I can see that everyone else either can't change it or doesn't know how, they are all ES_xxxx.
  • WoonaWoona Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 22
    At this time it is not possible to change your username, unfortunately. Whether or not this will be added later remains to be seen. However, you can change your nickname, and which name is displayed as well. That's the best have right now. Hope it helps :)
  • ROCKFISH_UweROCKFISH_Uwe HamburgAdministrator Posts: 118
    edited January 2016
    Hi there,
    the procedure is as follows:

1. Hit "Edit Profile" (to be found on the lower right on every page in the forum)
    2. Enter a nickname of your choice in the field "Nickname"
    3. Hit the "Update" button at the bottom of the page
    4. Now select the nickname in the field "Display name publicly as" (drop-down list)
    5. Again hit the "Update" button at the bottom of the page
    6. Log-off and log-in again and your public name should be changed

Hope this helps

Hi there,

1. Hit "Edit Profile" (to be found on the lower right on every page in the forum)
    4. Now select the nickname in the field "Display name publicly as" (drop-down list)

Hope this helps

I'm looking to change my login name, not my nickname, we got assigned usernames instead of being able to set our own, easily remembered ones.
  • SockSock Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 2
    ES_6604 said:

Hi there,

Hope this helps

I'm looking to change my login name, not my nickname, we got assigned usernames instead of being able to set our own, easily remembered ones.
    Afraid you can't. Guess that's what LastPass is for, right?
  • Silver-StreakSilver-Streak Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 1
    Yep, in the same boat (changed my nickname). Really kinda wished they had had a "register with this key to link your backer number" style thing that other Kickstarters have done instead of issuing a username, as the chances of these being remembered are slim to none.
  • TheresaTheresa Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 5
    edited January 2016
    It would have also been nice if we can see that we have the access that we backed alpha/beta on our account rather than keep being asked to BUY it again.

I mean if we go to the game menu it would say something like

You Already Own Beta Access

Even though we dont have access yet it would be nice to know that we have it when launched.

• SimonSimon Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 1
    Ok my Es number didn't work, but apparently I have an account tied to my name, how can I tell if my subscriber benefits are linked to this account?
  • TheresaTheresa Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 5
    Simon said:

Ok my Es number didn't work, but apparently I have an account tied to my name, how can I tell if my subscriber benefits are linked to this account?

says you are an alpha backer
    I'll post my PM from Snoop here:

ROCKFISH_Snoop 9:11AM
    Hey ES_6604, thanks for your message. The database is *still* updating; however, if the issue isn't resolved by Monday, ROCKFISH_Uwe asked those still affected to message him for a resolution.

So I guess wait till Monday.
  • DraekrosDraekros Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1

Yep, in the same boat (changed my nickname). Really kinda wished they had had a "register with this key to link your backer number" style thing that other Kickstarters have done instead of issuing a username, as the chances of these being remembered are slim to none.

Yeah - guess I shouldn't lose the email with my forum details in it...
  • KnivesKnives Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    Draekros said:

Yeah - guess I shouldn't lose the email with my forum details in it...

Mine went right into my junk mail, just happened to see it looking for something else. Wonder how many others are going to never see theirs.

• ES_7190ES_7190 Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 1
    Same boat. I'll try again next week.
  • An OnionAn Onion Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 4
    Eh, the number is no harder to remember than a PIN or whatever. That said, if my username could be "An Onion", that *is* simpler to remember.
  • CrazyKinuxCrazyKinux Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 2
    Guess we all need to show a little patience! Fingers crossed this gets resolved!
  • CrazyKinuxCrazyKinux Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 2

Guess we all need to show a little patience! Fingers crossed this gets resolved!

Well I'll be damned! A logout/login did the trick!
  • ES_385ES_385 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    Testing my name change....

(I'm still ES_xxx but have set my name in the profile correctly...)
  • SubSub Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 12
    edited February 2016
    Quick test

Edit1: Yeah I've updated and set my public name to something else but it appears to not be working
    Edit2: (that said, please don't worry too much, Game development is far more important)
    Edit3: Oh scratch that, a logout/login sorted it :D yay!
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 54
    @ES_385 You may need to log out and in and re-apply which name you want to show as public for it to work properly.