Should Terran Fighter turrets be shooting through their own chassis?

HypevosaHypevosa Posts: 24Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
edited May 2016 in ALPHA (READ ONLY)
Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly as I'm fighting them, but it appears that the terran fighter features a dorsal turret that shoots at the player, yet, if you can keep your ship to the ventral surface of said fighter, the turret seems to have the ability to shoot directly through the fighter and hit you. I was thinking outmaneuvering them by trying to stay on their ventral side would work to protect me from the turret, but it doesn't seem that is the case.

Is this intentional that they can shoot through their own chassis? Is there a second turret underneath them I'm just not seeing?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 560Moderator
    Yes, Terran Fighters currently have two turrets, one on top and one underneath them.
  • llanelwyllanelwy Posts: 11Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    The turrets also seem to pack too much of a punch. There is no way to take one on without taking hull damage. They seem a little too OP at least in early game.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 560Moderator
    Yes, would be good if you could skillfully fight them without taking too much damage. Same goes for almost every enemy.
  • jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer

Yes, Terran Fighters currently have two turrets, one on top and one underneath them.

• ROCKFISH_MarcoROCKFISH_Marco Posts: 38Moderator
  • jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer
    edited May 2016
    I approve

• Apollo6124Apollo6124 Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue

I love this. It's like:
    "Yeah, it's not supposed to be easy..."
    (Two Interceptor capital ships jump in)
    "HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!"
  • lanius424lanius424 Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Devs have a sense of humor....carry on