Next Time You Go To A Graveyard System, Turn Off The Music

MrWoodchipMrWoodchip Posts: 53Common Alpha Backer, Customer
As the title says. There's a lot of ambient noises that are lost that give it a downright creepy atmosphere. Metal creaking, mysterious groans, that sort of thing.

Comments

• lowkee33lowkee33 Posts: 17Collector Beta Backer
    I agree, that would definitely make the game more immersive.
  • MrWoodchipMrWoodchip Posts: 53Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    I should note, this is not a suggestion for the devs. Just something I found to give great ambience.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,095Moderator, Space Cat
    That's a great little tip. I greatly appreciate sound design, and from what I've heard so far, Everspace does a WONDERFUL job with it.
  • lowkee33lowkee33 Posts: 17Collector Beta Backer
    I am blown away with what they have accomplished so far with this game. Space sims have always been at the top of my list. I am glad to see such effort put into these games to keep the genre alive!
  • danpdanp Posts: 13Member
    I always turn the music off. It's the only part of the game that doesn't seem to work for me.
  • ThibaultThibault Posts: 1Common Beta Backer, Customer
    I used to play with some Laserdance musics, for a more kitshy 80s experience

But I totaly agree that some places have a strong atomsphere.
  • andysix1989andysix1989 Posts: 1Customer
    My God there are haunted sort of systems? i need this game in my life!
  • IonIon Posts: 4Member
    Yeah Freelancer did something different with the standby music in nebulae of any kind. It's very haunting and violent, with static discharges and the clashing of gas currents, along with whatever metal near by might be creaking, if present. I loaded it back up to try for the Texas system, but it's taking a while. I think in extreme environments like the Texas system's darkmatter storms, the Pequena and Grande Negra, it's even harsher.
  • KokoroKokoro Posts: 4Member
    Nice, I might want to visit one of these systems at some point. :sweat_smile: