GTX 1080 OMFG!!

humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

Comments

• BadJackDanielsBadJackDaniels Posts: 17Customer
    I believe it's will be my next video card...
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

I believe it's will be my next video card...

they are the sort of cards we will need to play sq42 at 60+ fps on max settings and they should probably do 4k with ease ??
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,083Moderator, Space Cat
    Now if only I had money with which to purchase this...
    well my 970 is going on ebay next week as i need this or the 1070 in my life lol
    UPDATE!!
    here are some benchmarks from a few games including doom, witcher3 http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-review,1.html
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,083Moderator, Space Cat
    Thanks for sharing the benchmarks.
    Also, this video card looks like it belongs on a spaceship.
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    I'm getting myself one of those hopefully around august to replace my old GTX 750 Ti.
  • Ganodi GungiGanodi Gungi Posts: 35Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    This is a 4K card right? Starting at GTX 970 cards became 4K's. I don't like anything 4k, I find it adds a glossy finish to everything even people. That's why I stopped with a Samsung 65" 1080. I found 4k to be surreal and decided to have nothing to do with it.
    There comes a point when you surpass reality itself it's too much.
    So my question is, have they done anything better than GTX 960 that is still for a 1080 TV?
  • antykainantykain Posts: 6Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    I'm lovin my Gigabyte GTX 1080. I upgraded from a EVGA GTX 780 Classified and.. wow. Just wow. The 1080 is pretty insane with everything I've thrown at it so far.. Can't wait to check out Everspace with it!
  • FannyFanny Posts: 10Member
    edited July 2016
    I wouldnt buy a GTX 1080 atm.

Its only a medium chip (die size)
    Throttles
    Problems with HTC Vive
    Lots of latency problems
    Massively overpriced.

Only 10% faster then 980ti when you compare overclock vs overclock. (sometimes not even 10% :( )

Nice card but NOT for what they charging for it and the problems that come with it.
    (card is new so bugs will be ironed out soon i hope)

Tbh, a 2nd hand 980ti or a new 1070 seems to be there best options, allthough the 1070 has the same problems as the 1080.
    Fanny said:

I wouldnt buy a GTX 1080 atm.

Its only a medium chip (die size)
    Throttles
    Problems with HTC Vive
    Lots of latency problems
    Massively overpriced.

Only 10% faster then 980ti when you compare overclock vs overclock. (sometimes not even 10% :( )

Nice card but NOT for what they charging for it and the problems that come with it.
    (card is new so bugs will be ironed out soon i hope)

Tbh, a 2nd hand 980ti or a new 1070 seems to be there best options, allthough the 1070 has the same problems as the 1080.

ive not had a throttling issue with mine and not noticed any latency issue and i dont have a vive so cant comment on that but yes the card is expensive and if you live in the uk at lest some companys are keeping stock for the us markets and its driving the uk prices up way to much. the other issue that i think is over now is that there was a 2 month deley in getting cards thanks to stock being withheld from the uk