Will Everspace make it to PS4?

TK NoodleTK Noodle Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 1
I am a proud Kickstarter and only have a Macbook that does not run games all that well (surprise right?). I know that Everspace is coming to Xbox, PC, Mac, and Linux, and that there have been rumors of it coming to PS4 later down the road. Does anyone know if this i s the case. Furthermore does anyone know if there will be an option to put a pending option on the Kickstarter survey to say PS4 or pending or something of that sort?

Comments

• Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73
    The devs said in original kickstarter campaign a stretch goal was over 700k for console release and u'll get a ps4 and xbox one version. they were 305k short, so i suspect its on the cards but a last option, at least till they get more funding. They have stated that the PC version is there priority as a few things will need to be altered for console release, specifically some of the special effects and the textures.

Guess what I'm saying is probably one day but not till some months after full release and on the basis they think they can make money on the consoles
  • HuskieHuskie Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 3
    As with other indie games, I suspect that how well the game sells on the PC and XBone will dictate release on PS4. Heck, if it does super well, we might even get one on the Nintendo NX. But the later is a long shot.
    Gotta stay positive, right?
    I think it's gonna be possible, especially if we keep pushing the game and for a PS4 release.
  • AsmodaiAsmodai Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 17
    My understanding (and please correct me if this is wrong) is that we failed to reach the console stretch goal. Microsoft however has stepped up and helped fund the Xbox One version of the game presumably with the catch that there is some form of time limited Xbox One exclusivity. As such I seriously doubt you'll see a PS4 version at launch and it may be up to a year before they can even release one. Furthermore Rockfish may not even be allowed to talk about a PS4 version per the terms of the Xbox One exclusivity deal.

That said I'm VERY interested in a PS4 VR version myself later down the road. I personally have no interest in a non-VR console version as I'd rather play the non-VR version on my PC but as I have no intention of paying $600+ for PC VR the odds are good my first VR headset will be the PlayStation VR. I'd be more than happy to pay again for a PlayStation VR (PS4) version of the game (in addition to my current PC pledge, not in place of).
  • RED_13RED_13 Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Booster Posts: 3
    Wow, didn't know Sony were making a PS4 VR headset. I'm impressed. Any idea when that is coming out? Is it their own hardware or based on the existing units by someone?
    RED_13 said:

Wow, didn't know Sony were making a PS4 VR headset. I'm impressed. Any idea when that is coming out? Is it their own hardware or based on the existing units by someone?

There is no official release date yet but Sony is saying "Early 2016" so one would assume that means before the end of June.

It is their own hardware. Sony has been working on making a PlayStation VR headset since the PS3 but they kept it secret (as console companies typically do with new hardware). They have videos of the Sony CEO playing a special VR build of God of War on the prototype hardware on the PS3. The PS3 ultimately wasn't powerful enough and costs were to high for them to make a commercial version but the PlayStation Move wands were designed with future VR use in mind. The PS4 was designed from the start to do VR and it's the real reason that light is on the front of the controller. It's not going to be as good as the much more PR-friendly Oculus Rift as it has to be driven by the significantly weaker PS4 hardware compared to the high end gaming PC the Rift requires but it SHOULD also be much more affordable. Pricing has yet to be announced however so that remains to be seen.
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Administrator Posts: 373
    Hi guys, thanks to our new friends from Microsoft [email protected] EVERSPACE will have its "console debut" on Xbox One. Further platforms are certainly not ruled out at a later point im time. We look forward to announce more when the time is right. BTW, I have a PS4 and no gaming PC at home. Just saying ;)
  • Kurzon MorrisKurzon Morris Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 73

Hi guys, thanks to our new friends from Microsoft [email protected] EVERSPACE will have its "console debut" on Xbox One. Further platforms are certainly not ruled out at a later point im time. We look forward to announce more when the time is right. BTW, I have a PS4 and no gaming PC at home. Just saying ;)

shame on u for not having a gaming pc at home, go get one -BEEP- it. hehe na its cool PC's not for everyone. if i went for a console i'd probably go for xbox one cause i like inter platform functionality and stuff.

speaking of ps4 and xbox is it a huge amount more work to release for two consoles as apposed to the one?
  • ROCKFISH_MichaelROCKFISH_Michael Administrator Posts: 373
    We are very pleased with our early builds on Xbox One. Once the game runs on any console most of the work goes into platform specific things like controller handling, achievements implementation, social features etc. We also need to look into the shaders on PS4 but we are used to that already from our previous project on PS4.

We are very pleased with our early builds on Xbox One. Once the game runs on any console most of the work goes into platform specific things like controller handling, achievements implementation, social features etc. We also need to look into the shaders on PS4 but we are used to that already from our previous project on PS4.

If you do come to PS4 PLEASE actually embrace the differences and don't just do a lowest common denominator thing. For example it would be really cool if the game has ship to ship radio communication use the speaker on the controller, maybe scroll around the map via the controller touchpad and NOT just treat it as a giant button, etc. Obviously it doesn't have to be those things specifically but something along those lines.