Help for lamers!

AlanAlan Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
I've played 18 rounds and have 18 KIA's... Not a good fighter pilot - haven't got out of sector 1... is there any way to do mining and cargo pickup and not have to fight for your life?

Comments

• humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    umm im not that good but make sure you use the pulse laser to kill shields then switch to the gatling cannon or missiles to kill there hull. other than that all ways keep an eye on the distance and try and keep 3-4k away from them and be quick about everything if that fails jump before they get to close.

sorry i cant be of much help
  • Busy BeeBusy Bee Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    First thing I do when entering a new system, is to drop a Scanning Probe (F key). It maps all of current system.
    If Aliens and Outlaws are fighting, do something else another place ;)
    If they follow you, find a friend
  • Cain TetsuoCain Tetsuo Posts: 48Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Dont avoid fights, early in the sectors the enemy fighters are an excellent source of materials and modules. Use the right weapon against shields/hull and keep moving. Drop any credits into your hull and shield perks between runs. Pulse laser mk2 with two fire rate upgrades and an energy usage upgrade is effective against anything later in the game. As you move forwards you will collect more and more blueprints to better prepare yourself for following runs. Dont worry about not getting to the end sector or finishing, there isnt a reward for winning anyway, play to improve your skills and your ship for the future.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    Alan said:

I've played 18 rounds and have 18 KIA's... Not a good fighter pilot - haven't got out of sector 1... is there any way to do mining and cargo pickup and not have to fight for your life?

Just make sure to blow away shields first and switch to gatlin gun to finish off. The smaller drones sometime sdon't have shields so you can kill them quickly with Gatling gun.
  • FrakaFraka Posts: 17Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Alan said:

Your keyboard is in AZERTY?

at the start of the game i was having trouble because my ship don't accelerate and i was using all my energy to boost to keep moving... perhaps it's due to this too?

To go foward, you need to press "w" and not "z".

Good luck