Anyone else on Elite:Dangerous?

KaolcKaolc Posts: 15Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
I know I'm hi-jacking the idea from the Star Citizen post - but I'd really like to know!

Just in case, CMDR Kaolc here.

Comments

• SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Yes im on it
  • HypevosaHypevosa Posts: 24Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Yes, have not played in forever though... I'm currently somewhere near the galactic center exploring. I got a wee bit bored, and the flight mechanics frustrate me a bit (though I love the way interdictions are done)
  • KaolcKaolc Posts: 15Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Hypevosa said:

Yes, have not played in forever though... I'm currently somewhere near the galactic center exploring. I got a wee bit bored, and the flight mechanics frustrate me a bit (though I love the way interdictions are done)

You should definitely check it out again... a lot has changed in the past few months let alone the past year. There's landing on planets now, and exploration has had some huge improvements too - combat is better... you can fly in wings with people, etc... it's come a long ways since alpha.
  • Danica SarainDanica Sarain Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Yes and no. Picked it up on sale from steam. Didn't like the controls that much. I guess HOTAS would help a lot. Might have to invest in a set.

Yes and no. Picked it up on sale from steam. Didn't like the controls that much. I guess HOTAS would help a lot. Might have to invest in a set.

I'd say it makes a big difference... had this one forever and I would highly recommend it as a budget option.

You'll especially want it if they add support for Everspace (though it was a stretch goal that I think never got met).
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Posts: 67Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Yep, I've got Elite: Dangerous. Haven't played in six months or so -- been devoting time to other games. Maybe I'll visit again in another few months.

Yep, I've got Elite: Dangerous. Haven't played in six months or so -- been devoting time to other games. Maybe I'll visit again in another few months.

Which games?
    Star Citizen, Homeworld Remastered, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, all of the Shadowruns, Mechwarrior Online, EVE Online...
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    The biggest problem with elite dangerious is when smuggling you can loose a fortune ( days of work ) very frusrating. Also planet landing requires another purchase of 69 dollars or so
    Cmdr Solsticegt
  • ROCKFISH_SnoopROCKFISH_Snoop Posts: 92Moderator
    I am indeed on Elite:Dangerous! ;)
  • SoliDeoGloriaSoliDeoGloria Posts: 3Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I am - CMDR SoliDeoGloria - friend requests always accepted
    I bought the lifetime pass when it was discounted. That's why I went with the Space Pro pledge for this game too -- it was the lowest one with a lifetime pass.
  • JarminxJarminx Posts: 12Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I have it but rage quit lol.. Long story with that, I think Everspace is going to have all the differences that make Elite: Dangerous not as fun as it should have been.. :tongue:
  • WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I also own Elite: Dangerous, but have been a little bored by the lack of diversity in regards to play. I've also been dealing with a bug (which I believe is AMD related) that causes the game to lag into oblivion whilst in supercruise :/ so I'm hoping Everspace can fill the void it left :wink:
  • kirov099kirov099 Posts: 10Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Yep CMDR Kirov099 here. I don't get on all that often though. For me, ED is one of those games that you have to dedicate a large chunk of time to if you want to play, otherwise it's not worth getting on.
  • ShadragonShadragon Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Yup, multiple E: D accounts in fact. I posted the EQ link on the E: D forums originally after I'd backed the KS.

I do like my abbreviations.
  • SimplexcraneSimplexcrane Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Yep, 700 hours in.
  • ES_7414ES_7414 Posts: 1Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    Yeh I play regularly, bit of a slow patch at the moment (especially within my player group). More people will come back to the game with the season 2 updates. It also seems the thargoids will be coming into the game soon.
  • RED_13RED_13 Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Yep, I'm on E: D and love it but don't get enough time to play. The new Horizons (planetary landings) is very good and if you want to get the most out of it, join a community group like the Hutton Truckers, or the very evil pirates of CODE. I agree that a HOTAS setup makes it a LOT easier to fly - I have a Saitek X52 which works well. I'm CMDR Red_13 if you want to look me up, but I'm in in The Black, exploring.
  • Templar3lfTemplar3lf Posts: 54Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I bought it, played an hour or so, and then the launcher stayed open in the background. I'm not at all fond of the flight mechanics, and about how I constantly over or undershoot anything I aim for and am just lost in a vast expanse of nothing-ness :|

Unfortunately I do not qualify for the Steam refunds, as I've "played" over an hour of it.
  • SubSub Posts: 12Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Heh, yeah definitely 'on' Elite Dangerous :) 9am to 5:30pm ;)
  • Merlin HartleyMerlin Hartley Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I play it quite a bit ... on-and-off since beta :)
    Woona said:

I also own Elite: Dangerous, but have been a little bored by the lack of diversity in regards to play. I've also been dealing with a bug (which I believe is AMD related) that causes the game to lag into oblivion whilst in supercruise :/ so I'm hoping Everspace can fill the void it left :wink:

I had that too, it's fixed in the latest AMD 'hot fix' driver.
  • WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    @ES_3618 Thanks :) Truth be told, that's the reason I stopped playing. Glad to know AMD might actually be stepping up to the plate on driver support xD I will probably start playing again then. Now if only they could fix the shader cache issue...
  • EzekielEzekiel Posts: 2Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Yea I'm on Elite also haven't played just lately, busy with work! Will dive back into it pretty soon.
  • GriefedGriefed Posts: 14Customer
    Reviving an old thread...not sure if that's appreciated, but meh.
    Yeah, I've sunk a fair amount of time into Elite Dangerous, and there's no end in sight. Currently taking a break from it though, playing some other games. If you want to add me, name's CMDR Griefed (don't worry about Griefed The II showing up, that's my...second...account...yesIhavetwoaccounts)
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    ive played a few hundred hrs of elite and when they dropped horizons i was going to wait for it to go cheap but when i heard they was going to sell landing on planets that have atmosphres in a later season i said fk it lol.
    i brought in at beta and im a little salty now and being the game ended up 1 mile wide 3 inches deep i pretty much leave it alone now :(
  • Jake-RJake-R Posts: 4Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Relic
    The flight controls n Elite: Dangerous are too hard in my opinion. You have to roll too much. I have played it using my Xbox controller and the Mouse/Keyboard. Neither works very well. On the other hand, in EVERSPACE, BOTH control methods work very well B)
  • BadJackDanielsBadJackDaniels Posts: 17Customer
    I am on ED, SC, No Man's Sky and now EVERSPACE.
    In the old times I play X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Wing Commander, Freelancer, Freespace and X Series.
  • Lord DrowLord Drow Posts: 14Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    edited June 2016
    Yep, I also have this one. Looks like I'm in a similar boat to a lot of folks here. All kinds of space games in my collection. Pre-purchased this and No Mans Sky, have all the star wars, star trek and wing commander games, freelancer, starlancer, freespace, all of the X-games and a ton more nobody has mentioned. Just a few from my collection: Astrox: Hostile Space Excavation, ARM, Battlestation: Harbinger, Distant Star: Revenant Fleet, Flotilla, Fractured Space, House of the Dying Sun, Independence War 1 & 2, Infinite Space, Space Pirates & Zombies 1 & 2 and many MANY more.