Any other Star Citizens here?

HypevosaHypevosa Posts: 24Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
I was just curious to see how much overlap there is. While the games will be very, very different, I expect to enjoy them both immensely.

Comments

• RudRud Posts: 4Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Cat
    I am also a Star Citizen backer.

And yes, there is definitely room for several different space themed games :)
  • Therian12Therian12 Posts: 27Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    i dont have the money to dump into SC
  • HypevosaHypevosa Posts: 24Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Therian12 said:

i dont have the money to dump into SC

:( SAD. It is actually cheaper than the current alpha including offering of this game, and on the 14th they're separating the single player squadron 42 game and the star citizen game into separate packages. If you can scrounge up the $45 bucks I recommend getting it now as opposed to later.
  • Danica SarainDanica Sarain Posts: 6Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Yes, but don't have much time to play it anymore.
  • VCQBRVCQBR Posts: 3Space Cat
    I learned of this game from SC discussions.
  • RaptorAlphaRaptorAlpha Posts: 67Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Yep, I'm on SC too. Been exciting lately, as I can finally fly my Vanguard around.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Yep, got word about this game in the letter from the chairman :)
  • PainkillerPainkiller Posts: 12Common Alpha Backer, Space Cat
    Was a Kickstarter for Star Citizen, so it seems like a long time ago lol. Have put alot into that game already, can't wait until it fully releases :)
  • RhorRhor Posts: 1Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Chris sent me here :)
  • HIDA01HIDA01 Posts: 1Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    I am also a Star Citizen Backer. Greedings everyone ;)
  • SimplexcraneSimplexcrane Posts: 7Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Yep, got a Freelancer, Ghost and Avenger.
  • tamick88tamick88 Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited January 2016
    Yup, my first Kickstarter was SC and I've backed a few other games since then that I'm excited for too :smile:
  • GreyShadeGreyShade Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Fellow SC backer here as well, heard CR talk about EverSpace so had to check it out and ended up backing it as well.
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 557Moderator
    Got a Freelancer, too!
  • AsmodaiAsmodai Posts: 17Kickstarter Backer, Space Cat
    I'm a Star Citizen backer but not really a huge fan of it at this point. I've probably sunk a few hundred dollars (I think I have like 6 ships or so but just the cheaper, single seat ones) into it and I'm at a point with it where I want to see more completed/playable content then what they have. I'm tired of watching videos and seeing pictures of what is to come. I'm not one of the doom and gloom guys that is certain it's going to utterly fail but I'm not certain it's going to live up to it's promise at this point either. I'm personally at the point where I'm disappointed with the progress they've made but I'm still optimistic they'll EVENTUALLY get to where I'd hope they would be. As a result of that disappointment though I've pledged to myself not to spend another $0.01 on the game until they have significantly more PLAYABLE, release quality content. All their amazing demo videos are great but I backed a game not a movie.
  • SupesSupes Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue
    I'm a Star Citizen backer as well. I had an avenger but I upgraded to a Ghost, I also have an M50 for the racing.

It's great to see a game gradually coming together like SC is. With backers helping with the testing, it's shortened its development time a great deal, I expect it to be less buggy than any Fallout release (although that's not hard to achieve).
  • ES_427ES_427 Posts: 1Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Huge SC fan. I've sunk more into it than I'd care to admit. Big fan of all things space, and Chris said to head this way, so, here I am!
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    im a real big but pretty level headed fan of sc i have an avenger, super hornet, sabre, freelancer, reclaimer and i just melted my tali and got 2 prospectors lol but tbh im just a big fan of space games and yes i backed everspace before it was cool for an sc fan to back it lol. i backed everspace because it was different and theres plenty of room for all space sims/games atm
  • ScavarScavar Posts: 10Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Freelancer DUR is what it's all about for me....now if only I could pilot it worth a -BEEP-.
  • EmKaEmKa Posts: 3Customer
    Yep, Avenger Pilot here. Love this ship. Cant wait that the Game is finished in the next ten years ;)
  • FrakaFraka Posts: 17Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    SC backer too since the kickstarter campain.. Just with a little 300i for the moment.
    if your interested in sc then check this out
    http://romanito.com/starcitizen/ship-scale-viewer/
    as seen on boardgamers video
  • BerraniBerrani Posts: 6Space Optimizr
    Black sheep, err I mean, Cutlass Black pilot here! Along with some other toys but this ugly baby is my favorite of the bunch
  • Code__DragonCode__Dragon Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Yep, SC backer. Mustang, Delta variant.
  • jacomojacomo BWBPosts: 1Kickstarter Beta Backer, Space Dog
    Also on board.
    aber klar doch
  • danpdanp Posts: 13Member
    edited June 2016
    Rockfish has nailed this title so amazingly well that it's almost an insult to be comparing it with SC under any circumstances. It's hard to even believe Everspace is even in Alpha, but they know which parts to tackle first, no doubt. Meanwhile SC is at least 18 months behind schedule. Freelancer was indeed an amazing game, but also ran out of funding and had to be saved.

SC will be lucky if it can come close to the feeling Everspace gives, along with the tension. Absolutely incredible work by Rockfish paralleled by none thus far. I just cannot get over how great this project has gone. I haven't anticipated a release this much within the last 5 years at least.

Of course, despite my view, props to you guys for believing in SC's dream and I do genuinely hope it is realized for quite a few reasons.
    danp said:

Rockfish has nailed this title so amazingly well that it's almost an insult to be comparing it with SC under any circumstances. It's hard to even believe Everspace is even in Alpha, but they know which parts to tackle first, no doubt. Meanwhile SC is at least 18 months behind schedule. Freelancer was indeed an amazing game, but also ran out of funding and had to be saved.

SC will be lucky if it can come close to the feeling Everspace gives, along with the tension. Absolutely incredible work by Rockfish paralleled by none thus far. I just cannot get over how great this project has gone. I haven't anticipated a release this much within the last 5 years at least.

Of course, despite my view, props to you guys for believing in SC's dream and I do genuinely hope it is realized for quite a few reasons.

who's compaireing everspace with sc ???
  • danpdanp Posts: 13Member
    There was mention of overlap, which I felt qualified, but in the end I shouldn't have made the post. Apologies.
  • Lord DrowLord Drow Posts: 14Customer, Collector Beta Backer
    Greets to everyone.

I am also a Star Citizen backer. Only have a couple of ships so far. Very pleased that the initial stage of the open world is now up and running.

Heard about this one before Chris mentioned it. The simple fact that he called attention to another developers space game was cool as -BEEP- though.

The more quality space based games we get, the happier I will be.
  • PohaturonPohaturon Posts: 5Customer
    Proud Connie pilot and aspiring explorer here! I've been having a blast with the recent build.
    I've always loved space games, be they sims or not-so-sims. Freespace 2 will be an eternal favorite. I was sad that the genre was dead for so long, but recent years saw a revival. Star Citizen and Everspace scratch the itch, though I'm always on a lookout for more in the genre. Never can get enough.