Fuel Collectable

WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
I keep running across these fuel drops in-game when opening containers and destroying enemies, but they don't seem to affect my actual fuel amount (ei: the amount of times I can make a jump). Would someone please enlighten me about what these actually do?

Comments

• VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    By default you can jump 5 times without fuel, every jump consumes 1 total jump of 5, you collect fuel to get that number back, I'm unsure as to the number of fuel per jump but the circle in the upper right around the fuel fills up to give you a jump back.
  • withoutapaddlewithoutapaddle Posts: 14Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    It takes 20 fuel to make a jump (by default), so even though your fuel gauge might say 2/5, it really means you have at least 40 fuel, and could make at least 2 jumps. So if you pick up some fuel, it might be less than 20 and not increase your jump count, but it's still going up.

Frankly, I'd like the fuel meter to just say XX/100 instead of X/5. We aren't so dumb that we can't figure out how many 20 fuel jumps we can do when we have, say, 34 fuel... 1 jump. Not rocket science. Having a hidden number and rounding it down to available jumps while pickups show the actual number seems like a bad choice.
  • WoonaWoona Posts: 22Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I assumed it was something like that, but it wasn't explained anywhere. Thanks for the help.