Alpha Update v.0.0.0.26475 Changelog

ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
edited August 2016 in Announcements (read only)
We just uploaded a new alpha update to Steam.

Changelog:
  • Fixed a visual glitch where some skybox elements were rendered incompletely on AMD cards
  • Fixed bug where enemies and structures did not spawn in sector 4
  • Fixed bug where turrets on Terran Fighters and Alien Gunships would not shoot
  • Re-center mouse cursor in the middle of the screen after closing menus or entering new locations
  • While jump drive is charging each hit now only sets back the jump charge timer for 0.2 seconds instead of completely resetting it to zero
  • Fixed stats: New sector, kills and credits records are now being saved, displayed in stats and noted at the end of run screen
  • Increased strafe / hover speed and slightly reduced enemy aim prediction to make evading attacks easier
  • Fixed repair slider behavior
  • Fixed sound pitch error that occurred when opening wheel menus for a very short time
  • Changed enemy radar colors to red
  • Show allocated energy in energy bar (red)
  • Containers now visible in HUD without scanning when closer than 300m
  • Increase HUD marker font size for resolutions greater than 1080p
  • Fixed pending repairs when leaving a location
  • Put the required resources box right underneath the item description, above the attributes (so that no scrolling is required)
  • Fixed fuel loot drop location when destroying fuel tanks
  • Balanced container loot
  • Added lock target and aim assist markers for friendly units
  • Fixed explosion particle LODs
  • Fixed Interceptor respawn conditions
  • Fixed some issues where the game would not pause in menus or when pop-ups were shown
  • Fixed generator sound still playing though generator was destroyed
  • Added hull and component repair sounds
  • Added interceptor warning sounds
  • Updated some item descriptions / names
  • Updated crafting help text (used to mention red numbers that don't exist anymore)
  • Some visual tweaks

Comments

• dankenskdankensk Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Amazing update :) , keep the good work updating the game with new staff and fixing bugs. Cant wait for the next update which will do the game even more amazing :)
  • TaktikerTaktiker Posts: 11Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Nice patch... but im not sure if i got a bug from the new patch or its an old one:
    I got 3 prim weapon slots now, 2 are used with the basic guns. the third one is empty but i can not pick a another weapon item if dropped. (Pulse lase it is, if that helps) Also i dismanteled the second gun to test and i still cant pick the new gun up O.o
  • ES_10374ES_10374 Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    You can't have the same device or primary weapon equipped twice, even if you have a free slot you can never have e.g. 2 pulse lasers installed.

Great update btw. :)
  • TaktikerTaktiker Posts: 11Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    ES_10374 said:

You can't have the same device or primary weapon equipped twice, even if you have a free slot you can never have e.g. 2 pulse lasers installed.

Great update btw. :)

oh i see :d
    centered Mouse and strafing makes it feel waaaaay better :)
  • AluMioNAluMioN Posts: 21Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    edited May 2016
    Nice update *thumbs up*

Edit: Did a short test of the new version. Enemies and unusable containers are much better to spot now. And terran fighters are much harder to kill now. Also, strafing feels a bit better. Good job!
  • ES_11075ES_11075 Posts: 4Common Alpha Backer, Space Dog
    edited May 2016
    Awesome update! I especially approve of these:

While jump drive is charging each hit now only sets back the jump charge timer for 0.2 seconds instead of completely resetting it to zero

Added interceptor warning sounds

• JohnjelJohnjel Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Lovely. Another 20hrs of gameplay here I come.
  • lanius424lanius424 Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Amazing job with this update. And I'm impressed with how quickly it came as well. Thumbs up all around :)
  • jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer
    Awesome! Time to get back out there after work!
  • yezayeza Posts: 68
    awsome rockfishs! that is a hole bunch of useful stuff. keep it up!
  • TensETensE Posts: 25Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Great update. A bit disappointed to not see mouse sensitivity adjustment option though. Hopefully next patch!
  • jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer
    edited May 2016
    I made an update video for those who don't like to read :D

• fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    Love the changes.
  • xKostyanxKostyan Posts: 13Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    edited May 2016
    Thank you! That extra strafe speed is so good =)
  • madeuspawnmadeuspawn Posts: 8Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Great job on the update! I've got the same feeling I had when the alpha was released!
  • jeffreyjeffrey Posts: 4Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Taktiker said:

Nice patch... but im not sure if i got a bug from the new patch or its an old one:
    I got 3 prim weapon slots now, 2 are used with the basic guns. the third one is empty but i can not pick a another weapon item if dropped. (Pulse lase it is, if that helps) Also i dismanteled the second gun to test and i still cant pick the new gun up O.o

Isn't the base weapon a pulse laser? You can't have duplicate weapons so that makes sense.
  • Toysrme257thToysrme257th Posts: 21Member, Common Beta Backer
    Nice!!!

IMO still slide the default and max speeds a little higher, but fantastic!!!
  • Great update guys. Keep up the awesome work. This is an amazing game already.
  • MaxMax Posts: 4Customer
    Nice update! :)
    Some really useful changes you implemented there.
    Also that loot you cannot pick up are written with red text now (not even mentioned in the changelog).
    Though, could you maybe add, that it also has a different color in the HUD (like dark orange or grey), so one does not always turn around to check the item, just to see its not pickable?
    Also I would appreciate a Font update (double colored) so you can read it better.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    Well burnt out again. I'll come back when some story content is in place or more variety is in place. Right now just flying around spending too much time gather materials.

• AltoidStrongAltoidStrong Posts: 4Customer
    Was the invert mouse fixed in this update? very hard for me to play without it.
  • llanelwyllanelwy Posts: 11Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Really like the new update. Streamed several hours of it on twitch. Really liking it cant wait for the next one.
  • matsumurimatsumuri Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Love the patch. Thanks for the continued work on the game. I really appreciate the quality of life improvements like enemies being red and containers showing on the hud within 300m. Can't wait to see what comes next!
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    matsumuri said:

Love the patch. Thanks for the continued work on the game. I really appreciate the quality of life improvements like enemies being red and containers showing on the hud within 300m. Can't wait to see what comes next!

I agree, the simple thing of adding colour to different target types makes space combat so much nicer.