Some Observations

PuggPugg Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
Suggestions and thoughts so far on the Alpha:

When entering each new system, the ship often wildly turns when entering a new system. The mouse should auto-center. Currently it stays in the last place from the prior screen, usually where I chose the next system from the map.

Often the HUD white text is unreadable against a bright background

The ship shouldn’t come to a stop when I stop pressing forward. Inertia should continue moving the ship at the same speed along the last direction so I can spin around and shoot while still moving at high speed.

Why does the primary weapon keep changing without my explicit key press? It’s like it auto changes every 10 seconds.

Will the game support multiple monitors in the future? I have a 3 monitor setup and would love to be able to see the space to my left and right on the extra monitors.

The Terran missile platforms seem to ignore outlaws and aliens attacking me while I am right above the platform.

Sometimes the mined ore gets stuck in the asteroid

Comments

• JamethielJamethiel Posts: 1Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    In regards to the weapons switching, it might be your mousewheel. I've noticed that it's really sensitive and you can sometimes go through three or four switches when you twitch it to change to your other weapon. You might be turning it accidentally when you're playing.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,086Moderator
    Thanks for the feedback!
    • We did the auto-centering mouse thingy in last update.
    • We are definitely going to rework the HUD, and yes, the font needs to be more readable.
    • We might tweak the inertia a little, but we won't be going neutonian, we are intentinally going for a non-realistic, arcady approach
    • I'm assuming that the mousewheel somehow triggers change events (like the above poster)
    • We'll see what we can do to support 3 monitors.
    • Hmm, the Terrans are actually not on your side, they're not fighting for you, but they're not attacking you, either. So I guess maybe the green color ist confusing, they're rather neutral so they should probably be yellos/orange, I'll discuss it with the team
    • We will hopefully fix this, soon. Thanks!
  • purebuupurebuu Posts: 26Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I love it when your ships inertia component get damaged and your ship doesn't stop when you release the trigger, it let's me do some Crazy Ivan style maneuvers. I'm always tempted to leave it damaged as it allows for some really fun fights.
  • humanevilhumanevil Posts: 98Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    purebuu said:

I love it when your ships inertia component get damaged and your ship doesn't stop when you release the trigger, it let's me do some Crazy Ivan style maneuvers. I'm always tempted to leave it damaged as it allows for some really fun fights.

i agree but i find it odd that mine gets damaged just as i approch an asteroid lol
  • ErixperienceErixperience Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

Thanks for the feedback!

• Hmm, the Terrans are actually not on your side, they're not fighting for you, but they're not attacking you, either. So I guess maybe the green color ist confusing, they're rather neutral so they should probably be yellos/orange, I'll discuss it with the team
    Maybe blue would work better so it wouldn't get confused with the loot radar?
  • Busy BeeBusy Bee Posts: 9Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    Why not white/grey for neutral, red for enemy (as it is) and green for friends (even though there isn't any).
    Free flight (or Engine Kill) would be great.
  • PuggPugg Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster
    Awesome. The auto-center works great!

I guess I didn't realize that I wasn't a Terran too. Even so, if outlaws or aliens are swarming a Terran base they should defend themselves. Blue might be a good neutral color.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    Thanks for the info. I find green is confusing, It makes you assume Terran is a friend.. I hope you support HOTAS sooner than later, I really don't like using the keyboard
  • lanius424lanius424 Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Booster

Thanks for the feedback!

• We did the auto-centering mouse thingy in last update.
    • We are definitely going to rework the HUD, and yes, the font needs to be more readable.
    • We might tweak the inertia a little, but we won't be going neutonian, we are intentinally going for a non-realistic, arcady approach
    • I'm assuming that the mousewheel somehow triggers change events (like the above poster)
    • We'll see what we can do to support 3 monitors.
    • We will hopefully fix this, soon. Thanks!
    In other games for me at least, yellow made sense as neutral/not hostile. With green being friendly/dialog option maybe? and red being hostile/ will engage on sight.