Jumping Signal Surpressor 0%

AluMioNAluMioN Posts: 21Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
If you jump in a system with an active jumping signal surpressor you get an info about the % the signal is blocked. If you fly towards the device that is blocking the signal the % get higher, if you fly away from the device it gets lower.

But if you fly away until you reach 0% than there is no restoration of the jump signal, it simply stays at 0% and no jumppoint. So you are foced to destroy the device, even if you are totally outnumbered by alien and outlaw forces.

In my case I have to give up this round because I had no chance to survive against 2(!) Elite Outlaws, one Alien Chief and a lot of drones and stuff. Not to mention the station with the device (haven't found it but i got to 96% near it) was full of missile launchers :(

The signal should be restored if you leave the surpression range of the device an get to 0%.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    I just tried to reproduce that, flew to a location with a jump suppressor in it, then flew away so far that the signal strength reached 0%. I went another kilometer before turning back and the signal strength increased again. So I could not really find a bug there. Did I even understand the problem correctly?
  • AluMioNAluMioN Posts: 21Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    My thoughts were that the % indicates the signal suppression. If you are near the surpressing device it shows 96% signal surpressing and if you increase the distance the percentage lowers until 0% surpressing. So at 0% Signal surpressing the jumpsignal should be restored. Or is the displayed number an indicator for the suprpressing signal itself, not for the surpressed signal?
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    I see. OK, that may be confusing. Let me explain: The higher it gets, the closer you are to the jump suppressor. Then you have to find and destroy it (it's a small glowing sattelite dish).
    But we will think of a way to make it clearer. Thanks!
  • AluMioNAluMioN Posts: 21Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Ah, ok. Thanks for your explanation ;)
  • Orici_gerOrici_ger Posts: 18Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    ok i get the reason for the suppressor but you are able to jump even with a percentage on it the lower the percentage the better i managed to jump with a 60% suppressed signal (either a bug or i get lucky that what this perk is for i guess)
    LJC.jpg 32.8K
  • zefferonizefferoni Posts: 15Common Alpha Backer, Space Dog
    Orici_ger said:

ok i get the reason for the suppressor but you are able to jump even with a percentage on it the lower the percentage the better i managed to jump with a 60% suppressed signal (either a bug or i get lucky that what this perk is for i guess)

That could also be for jumping with insufficient fuel, since you take a big chance of taking damage from that?