TrackIR/TrackHat

humanevilhumanevil Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 98
will there be support for these devices?

Comments

• KaolcKaolc Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 15
    I do hope so... I still prefer TrackIR to my Oculus Rift DK2 - and assume it will stay that way until the resolution improves
  • HiltonHilton Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    +1 for TrackIR. It's very good for immersion without the need for bulky head gear.

Now all I need is that wall size monitor...
  • FullmentalFullmental Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES1, Space Optimizr Posts: 9
    TrackIR support would be nice. I have a DelanClip instead of the TrackIR (major cost difference), and if TrackIR is supported then most likely my setup will work as well, as I've yet to come across a TrackIR supported game that didn't work with mine. Did the dev team ever mention this before?
  • DeejayKnightDeejayKnight Member, Common Alpha Backer ES1 Posts: 2
    I, too, would like to play this with TrackIR! :D
  • SpawnTDKSpawnTDK Customer Posts: 4
    got a kinda unused trackir. wouldn't have an issue sending it over to hamburg if it's needed for testing purposses - as long i get it back bevor the zombie apocalypse begins.
  • Eternity57Eternity57 Common Alpha Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 15
    Same wish ! Track IR support like for Elite Dangerous ;-)
  • RadioActiveLobsterRadioActiveLobster Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 9
    +1 for Track IR support.
  • Denis StrelnikovDenis Strelnikov Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 9
    +1 for track ir
  • ArrghhScottArrghhScott Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 3
    +1 for TrackIR as well
  • M4MKeyM4MKey Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 1
    +1 indeed !
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    I use the Tobii eye x in elite dangerous ( it's a ir bar ), it just adds another dimension to the game. That along with voice attack and HOTAS
  • germanTHXgermanTHX Kickstarter Backer ES1, Space Cat Posts: 1
    +1
  • antykainantykain Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 6
    As a TrackHat user, a def +1 for future support!
  • Apoc-040Apoc-040 Member, Common Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 15
    +1 for trackIR support! :)
    was there ever a statement from ROCKFISH adressing trackIR support?

Not planned right now, sorry. Maybe later, after the game has released.

This is a post from Feb in a similar thread. Of course things may have changed since then
    aw thats a bummer :( implementing trackIR isnt that hard when you already have vr support! at least thats what a developer on the steam forums told me. oh well im still hoping ;)
    Well I did see a twitch stream at the beginning of alpha where the developers for one of the tracker ir had arranged to chat with Rockfish_Michael about supporting ir so anything is possible
  • ES_291ES_291 Kickstarter Beta Backer ES1, Space Dog Posts: 1
    I'm using the EDTracker Pro, which is a really nice device. It works independently of the lighting situation, uses virtually zero CPU and reports itself to the PC as a regular USB joystick. So as long as we can map camera axes to joystick axes, I'm happy. I'm pretty sure that TrackIR can be setup to emulate a joystick as well.
  • ChuWieChuWie Member Posts: 1
    +1(k) for TrackIR support.

Adding TracKIR support would give this game a huge boost in immersion and playability.
    The TrackIR SDK is free for devs
    https://naturalpoint.com/trackir/developers

Don't let our dreams be dreams :hushed:
  • OverDhillOverDhill Member Posts: 13
    I am working on a script to use with Everspace that will allow TrackIR to work. For it to work better we need to have them make pitch/roll axis continue to function when the freelook mode which is bound to the mouse is enabled. Right now it works but you have to switch it off to steer. This is the same way it works with a gamepad. I am using x360ce and pretty much have my full HOTAS working. So if they could do that we would at least have something if they don't have the time to support TrackIR natively.

Trust me it is way cool using it in Everspace.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    OverDhill said:

I am working on a script to use with Everspace that will allow TrackIR to work. For it to work better we need to have them make pitch/roll axis continue to function when the freelook mode which is bound to the mouse is enabled. Right now it works but you have to switch it off to steer. This is the same way it works with a gamepad. I am using x360ce and pretty much have my full HOTAS working. So if they could do that we would at least have something if they don't have the time to support TrackIR natively.

I am LOVING your dedication to the cause, @OverDhill !
    Well I just love how TrackIR adds so much to a game that has a cockpit. Especially fighter craft when you can look around for your targets. It is so easy to implement in the game and a much cheaper solution than a VR setup. There are a lot of TrackIR, FreeTrack and FaceTrackNoIR users out there already so why not support them. People that have never used one get confused as to how it works. When setup properly you can turn your head to the edge of the screen and be looking over your shoulder. It takes very little time to get used to it.

Here is a FreeTrack Unreal plugin. Would work with TrackIR as well

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?88506-plugin-Freetrack