Time to Rethink Complete Loss of Items?

fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
After almost 30 runs I have yet to get a weapon blueprint of significance and its getting lame flying around with the same two underpowered weapons. Some of the sectors you will encounter elite mobs that will blow your ship up in 2-3 hits with shield so the following really needs to be looked at:

+ Stations to refuel and Repair (at a cost)
+ Increase mining yield or lower crafting requirements
+ Increase % of loot drops and/or blueprints. I hope this gets tweaked for the game or NPC's/Missions give you blueprints
+ Please let us store some crafting materials or rebalance the crafting system! I am spending way too much time gathering materials. This is Everspace, not EVERMINE!
+ Decrease AI propensity to slam into you. It's really lame to have drones constantly kamikaze you killing you cheapy.

I don't mind getting killed but there needs to be some balance between fun and challenge. I understand this is rougelink and I'm starting to think that decision was a mistake. People don't like to lose tons of resources constantly especially if you absolutely need every scrap of -BEEP- in space to survive.

Comments

• AlcoAlco Posts: 14Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    I agree with all your points.
    I have 60 runs and have yet to reach sector 3. Getting very frustrating. Perhaps it's my style of play.
    The enemy AI is way out of balance.
    More time should be allocated to explore/gather resources in a zone before the interdictors force you to bug out.
    Also the perks cost is way too much for the slight benefit increase.
    I wouldn't mind spending what little credits I get to do repairs or acquiring items instead of spending a lot of time acquiring the resources to craft.
    This game has a lot of potential as the graphics are superb.
  • ColtColt Posts: 2Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    The main problem is how spot on the ai are, while we run out of energy they continue to pound us with no chance of escape, other than that +1 to all points
  • zefferonizefferoni Posts: 15Common Alpha Backer, Space Dog
    fdiaz78 said:

+ Increase mining yield or lower crafting requirements

I might be remembering wrong, but isn't the lower crafting requirements a perk?
    I haven't unlocked it yet, but better loot drops is definitely a perk. I don't know if it increases the chances of getting a blueprint or not though as I've been focusing my credits on the perk to get more credits.

For me, the AI doesn't ram into me very often, they usually dodge. The times they do hit me makes the game of chicken a little more exciting as I tend to rush straight into them.

Repair and refuel stations would be great if they were unpredictable in where they'll be. For an example, in the game FTL there are shops that can do that for you, but they're spread out fairly few and far between, so it's a treat to find them.
  • SoranSoran Posts: 95
    I agree more time to explore each area would be nice. Scanning probes should be easier to get as once out it limits your ability to find items in sectors and feels like a waste
  • yezayeza Posts: 68
    i really cant see the problem here. i have 18 runs and reached reached the end of the game like 4 times or so.
  • Dir7yPawsDir7yPaws Posts: 34Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro
    With only 8 runs, I have reached sector 4 multiple times and found numerous blueprints. The only time i've run out of energy was beginning game in the first or second run.
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    Are you guys actually exploring and fighting in every jump?
  • purebuupurebuu Posts: 26Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Upgrading my energy storage and shield seemed to do wonders for my longevity each run.

That being said, put more mining asteroids in each area, but make sure the interceptors come before you can mine it all, so you have to choose wisely which resources you want to mine.
  • MinuskameradMinuskamerad Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    ALCO said:

I agree with all your points.
    I have 60 runs and have yet to reach sector 3. Getting very frustrating. Perhaps it's my style of play.
    The enemy AI is way out of balance.

What? I got to sector 3 on my 2nd run...
    You're doing something wrong... I don't know what it is... but there is definitely something fishy about your playstyle :neutral:

Currently my runs last about 60-120 minutes and even in a bad one i can salvage a couple thousand $ from it to invest...
    Found only one gun bluebrint though (and like 6-7 mods)...
    Are you actually killing every enemy encounter or gathering resources and warping out?

If you constantly warp out of course you will make it to end sector.
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    There is nothing that says you HAVE to fight in EVERY zone, get materials/fuel, get out, fight if you want to. Games like this are about getting to the end, enjoy the journey yes, but when things start getting hard, you DO have the option to take the easy way out, better to win than to die, is how I look at it.
    @Vahnkiljoy You do know once story elements are in place fighting is mandatory for some zones. Also some zones have jump jammers that you have to hunt down.
  • yezayeza Posts: 68
    afaik upgrading energy regeneration does help a lot.
  • baronvonfritzbaronvonfritz Posts: 3Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Total wuss here, but a nerfed up easy difficulty would be nice as the enemies always have my number, no matter how fast I go or maneuver they just nail me every time, I love exploring the areas as the art is superb and I just never get the time to enjoy it all, always having to run away (because I suck at shooting baddies with the straight pew pew)
  • jypsonjypson Posts: 52Customer
    ES_9284 said:

Total wuss here, but a nerfed up easy difficulty would be nice as the enemies always have my number, no matter how fast I go or maneuver they just nail me every time, I love exploring the areas as the art is superb and I just never get the time to enjoy it all, always having to run away (because I suck at shooting baddies with the straight pew pew)

Well, it's a single-player game, so I imagine there will be mods that will let you tweak to your hearts content post-release! Yea mods!
  • ShiuzanShiuzan Posts: 76Customer
    I don't understand what the problem is.

you guys just have to deal with the game being difficult and git gud. :wink:
  • Code__DragonCode__Dragon Posts: 16Common Alpha Backer, Customer
    Sounds more like a skill rather than game problem. The point of Everspace is that is is a Rouge-Like game, making death more than just a "back-to-respawn screen". If you need Blueprints/Weapons, use Scan Probes more often and check all the Tech Boxes, as well as fight more enemies (and let Friendly Terran Fighter kill them for you).

Also, if you do not like the Offensive approach as this player said:

There is nothing that says you HAVE to fight in EVERY zone, get materials/fuel, get out, fight if you want to. Games like this are about getting to the end, enjoy the journey yes, but when things start getting hard, you DO have the option to take the easy way out, better to win than to die, is how I look at it.

You can easily get past all 4 sectors by playing conservatively. I got from 1-4 and after deleting the save file due to an update, so zero perks, by playing smart and using a cloak. And I even ran into the alien warships in a signal jam sector.
    Use the environment to your advantage, and don't fight battles you do not have to.