Left Control as Escape

bmadsbmads Member Posts: 7
Replaced the ESC key used on menus with the left control, but when pressed, nothing happens.
The problem may also occur w/ other modifiers (did not check if this was indeed the case).
Not a problem for most players, but since I play on a half ergo qmk keyboard I need to create a layout specific for the game in order to assign the thumb key to a "usable" key code, which is somewhat cumbersome.

Comments

• bmadsbmads Member Posts: 7
    Minor update.
    Not sure what is going on with the control assignment, apparently, on certain actions, mod keys work when assigned as a second key but do not work if solely assigned to that action ( ? ? ? ).
    I was able to setup a config that works w/ my current layout, but I am somewhat confused regarding how the button assignment is working.
    2nd Minor update.
    The problem is not exclusive to mod keys.
    Just tried using the letter [Q] (solely) to throw/drop objects, and [R Alt, Q] (2 keys assigned) to interact, and the Q key does not work for the first mentioned action despite appearing on-screen as the assigned command.
    After that I changed [Q] to [J, Q] (Q as second key assignment) and it worked.
    3rd Minor update
    Setting certain action combination such as forward to [Shift] and backwards to [Shift+Alt] will override the first action with the second ( ? ? ? ).