A few comments/suggestions regarding dialogue

First of all, Everspace 2 is a great game, and I've already spent an embarrassing amount of time just cruising around exploring every single thing. I noticed, however, that some of the dialogue lack the impact that they should have, mainly because of pauses (either the lack of, or a bit too much of).

For example, Elek doesn't seem to sound like the "character-who-keeps-on-talking-and-doesn't-shut-up" archetype because of the pauses between his lines (though I'm not sure if that's supposed to be his character). At the same time, dialogue in cutscenes (like the one in Kato Palace, or an early cutscene between Dax and Adam) also lack some impact because they don't have enough pauses between some lines, and so emotions just suddenly switch or the characters just sound like they're talking continuously without breathing.

Another example could be some of the banter between characters, cutting each other off mid-sentence doesn't always work because there just seems to be a bit too much of a pause between lines.

I know the game is very much WIP, and this is a very small thing compared to gameplay mechanics and systems, but I just thought that my two cents could help in livening up the narrative experience :)