Game wont start on steam

Hi after the latest update I can no longer get the game to start. When I click on start on steam I get the below error.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    I suggest to verify integrity of games files (right-click on Everspace 2 in library -> preferences -> local files).

If this does not help I'd give it another try with uninstalling the game and re-installing it.
  • marsbar8986marsbar8986 Member Posts: 2
    I have re-installed the game repeatedly and also verified integrity but game still wont start and I get the same error msg.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Ok, I just googled "CreateProcess() returned 5" and it looks like this is likely caused by an anti-virus software.

The same problem seemed to have occured with the game Tekken 7, this is what is recommended to fix the problem:
    • Try disabling your anti-virus programs and/or adding Everspace 2 to the program’s exceptions list, then restart the game.
    • If this does not help, check the file options of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\EVERSPACE™ 2\ES2\Binaries\Win64\ES2-Win64-Shipping.exe and make sure that under "compatibility", "Run as administrator" is turned off. If it was "on" you need to restart your computer in order to test if turning it off helped