Game keeps resetting to new game..not continue

Figleaf2021Figleaf2021 Member Posts: 7
I have a Radeon 6850 which is barely doable for this game and crashes often. Fortunately the game saves to the most recent level. On three occassions the game resets to the actual beginning...level 01. I was in the twenties the first time it happened and then mid teens for the second and third. This reset takes the fun out of the experience. Is there anyway to have the program recognize the levels I was at previously. I've posted crash reports in technical issues and there are just crickets to be heard over there so I thought I'd try gameplay with my last hope of playing this game.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Like I wrote in the other thread I think it sounds pretty bad and doesn't seem to make much sense to me to play the game when you get so many crashes. I'd really like to help, but I don't know how, maybe try playing at "low" and tone down overclocking or install another driver, I don't think there's a lot more that can be done.

If your whole computer even crashes then there is a high chance that your save games become corrupted as well, there really isn't anything we can do about it. Theoretically you could make a backup copy of your save game folder after entering a location every now and then, but this sounds a lot more like work than fun.

Your save game folder is located at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames

Note that you can reach the AppData\Local folder quickly by typing %localappdata% in a Windows Explorer address field
  • Figleaf2021Figleaf2021 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Andi,
    I replied in the other thread https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/comment/12548#Comment_12548
    Finding out where the save game folder is a huge help in progressing with all these crashes.
    I tried many different drivers and they all have crashed so it seems I need to look into the overclocking possibility. I will probably need a program to help me as I've never tweaked these before.
    Thanks a lot.
    Fantastic game.