Windows 10 - game crashes every 5 minutes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FStaticMeshVertexBuffer::InitRHI() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\rendering\staticmeshvertexbuffer.cpp:267]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderResource::InitResource() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderresource.cpp:41]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FStaticMeshVertexBuffer::InitResource() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\rendering\staticmeshvertexbuffer.cpp:293]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!::operator()() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\tilerendering.cpp:337]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:844]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:664]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:574]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Comments

• Figleaf2021Figleaf2021 Member Posts: 7
    It would be great if I could get this game going in linux. shipped libraries don't load for some reason in linux and I'm unable to upgrade to openGL 4.3
    Is the game at least doable in Windows with a Radeon 6850
    LoginId:babcb9964ac1b93808cca9877fd3a5be
    EpicAccountId:adab696f91c94933aa622edb794b614f

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!TStaticStateRHI,TRefCountPtr,FRHISamplerState *>::GetRHI() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\public\rhistaticstates.h:99]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FViewUniformShaderParameters::FViewUniformShaderParameters() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\scenemanagement.cpp:549]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!CreateSceneView() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderingpolicy.cpp:253]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderingPolicy::DrawElements() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderingpolicy.cpp:617]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlate3DRenderer::DrawWindowToTarget_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slate3drenderer.cpp:191]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask<`FSlateRHIRenderer::AddWidgetRendererUpdate'::`7'::EURCMacro_DrawWidgetRendererImmediate>::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:844]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:664]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:574]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]
    So the game is playable with far less crashes in a 800 x 600 window. It's a great game so I guess this is my only option. It would have been nice to get some feedback on how to run this in linux as the game sold itself for this platform as well.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Hmm, I don't know, your graphics card seems to be slightly above our min specs, so theoretically it should work. The errors looks like low level crashes and I'd say that it's "too much for your setup". I'm guessing you are already playing at the "low" graphics settings? Other than that I can only suggest you check if your graphics card is overclocked (it might be factory overclocked) and tone it down and also check if you are on the latest drivers. I don't know much about Linux, but I suggest you go to the Everspace forum on Steam and dig through the Limux threads there and maybe write in the biggest one. The Linux community seems to be very helpful, so chances are good you might find someone there who is able to help.

Other than that I can only say that I think it makes sense that you refund our game. If it crashes so often it really sounds unplayable on your system.
    Thank you for the reply Andi.
    I found that if I removed Steam completely I was able to play the game with less crashes and the game still saved. After uninstalling Steam it took the Everspace install with it but I remembered I had first installed to a usb drive and this was left intact. I ran the game in low graphics, windowed/fullscreen and was able to play with less crashes and it still saved without Steam. I was still getting crashes but managed to get to just before sector 7 before a crash and a complete reset to the beginning. It was disappointing to see the reset again but I had fun getting there. With the game on sale from Steam I'm content to not seek a refund as I felt I got a good taster of the experience...thank you for offering. I will follow your advice in the other thread to save the game's progress but need a break from all this for now. https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/comment/12552#Comment_12552

As far as linux goes...the Radeon 6850 runs on a 32bit chipset apparently so vulkan drivers are not available. Radeon 5700 has 64bit components apparently so will take on vulkan drivers from what I've read.
    Linux compatibility can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

I will look into the overclocking possibility. I tend to keep away from doing those type of adjustments despite catalyst and my bios being capable for tweaking.

Thank you for the reply.