UI suggestions

queryquery Member Posts: 2
I've played for a few hours so far on the Steam version 0.4.16214. Here are some thoughts:

1. The HUD icons for ships/targets/etc needs to be high-contrast at all times. These icons are very often washed out when you're on the bright side of an asteroid, looking at a light source, etc. You have to look towards something dark to orient yourself and that isn't fun. Maybe just have them gain a dark outline when the contrast is low.

2. The HUD doesn't give you an idea of how far away something is. This doesn't matter for destination icons, but for ships and other items in the local area, it makes it unnecessarily frustrating to figure out what the most pressing threat, or easiest resource to grab, is, especially when your view is obstructed (inside of an asteroid, etc). Maybe the icon size can be scaled based on how far away they are, or faded out. Subnautica had this same issue with the resource scanner - it was impossible to tell which icon to go after first (eventually I found a mod that fix this).

3. It would be nice to have a "target next nearest enemy" button. Often I use the thermo or homing missiles and know the enemy I have targeted will die with the weapons already in the air, and want to switch to the next target, but there isn't an easy way to do so.

4. Pressing ESC when docked does not exit the bay, even though the screen indicates that it should launch when pressed.

Comments

• queryquery Member Posts: 2
    I read a few other posts and saw people suggesting having distance readouts for each icon. Personally I don't really like that idea; I don't want to read each icon to find out if I care about it, I want to glance at all the icons and know immediately which ones I care about. So scaling or fading would work best IMO.
  • KardininKardinin Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 15
    Yeah. A high contrast option would be great... A lotta grays currently and that means i do lots of swiveling to her the icons to show up.