General Feedback and Gameplay feel

I'm proud backer of Everspace 2 and I am very pleased with the experience you delivered in ES2 Early Access, congratulations! I can only confirm what Mario wrote on GameStar: This doesn't feel like Early Access, it feels like an Episodic Release! The Gameplay is already quite good, I had no obvious bugs so far, and some missing artwork (like different icons for different types of commodities) is absolutely to be expected . I won't bother you with too much praise, just like to leave my 2 cents:
  • Graphics are absolutely on par with what I expected, there are no "-BEEP-"-moments that pull you out of immersion that I encountered, so I'm satisfied
  • Sound effects are mostly those of Everspace 1 (as far as I remember), especially the "loot collected"-Jingle is very "arcady", so maybe give them a once-over - I think they don't match the "ongoing story vibe" of the rest of the game any more
  • Same goes for music - the "hyperspace travel music" somehow reminds me of Star Control. If you wanted that, well done, mission accomplished, but I'd prefer something more "space opera"-y to better catch the vibe of the other gameplay
  • Speaking of hyperspace, I only managed to get out of it via autopilot, getting near a waypoint didn't work for me so far. Just mentioning it
  • The Hyperspace travel all in all is a great way to traverse between "levels", leave it exactly as it is, including loading times, I don't mind. PLEASE do not include any minigames there like X:Rebirth tried, thank you very much!
  • UI is very polished for an EA title (if I remember Ark at the beginning - or even Ark right now ;)), it feels intuitive, so great job!
  • I very much like the Crafting concept, I'm unsure about the balancing (you need to break down 7 rare items to be able to craft 1 rare pulse laser, and *a lot* more rare items to craft actually useful weapons...), but I trust your judgement there
  • Cutscenes are adequate, they tell the story, the voice acting is great, IMO you don't need anything more sophisticated that what you have now - the "Diablo"-Vibe is there, don't bother with full motion 3D, just keep your voice actors on that level and you're golden ;)
  • And finally: The Early Access batch on the top left including the current version is a wonderful idea and should become industry standard, give the person that had the idea a fat bonus!
As I said initially, well done, I'm satisfied, Everspace 2 is already great and the final installment will also be great, thank you!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,317
    Thank you very much for the praise and for your support! Glad you're enjoying our game!
  • gregggogregggo Member Posts: 48
    To me, the dog-fighting is way too difficult. I get destroyed way too often. Too many fighters at one time, every time, it seems. -BEEP- near ready to give up. I can play Everspace on normal and have a good time, but this everspace 2 is, so far, not fun at all. Do I have to forget about these damned missions and just go wandering around? Why cant you have an "easy" mode?
  • gregggogregggo Member Posts: 48
    Also, I reached the end of the game. Got something like 56000 points or whatever they are. Did quite a few side missions too. But I found NOT ONE blueprint. I like everspace 1 the best.
    gregggo said:

To me, the dog-fighting is way too difficult. I get destroyed way too often. Too many fighters at one time, every time, it seems. -BEEP- near ready to give up. I can play Everspace on normal and have a good time, but this everspace 2 is, so far, not fun at all. Do I have to forget about these damned missions and just go wandering around? Why cant you have an "easy" mode?

Rest assured that there definitely is going to be a difficulty setting in the final game. It's just that while we are in Early Access the game is far from finished and balanced and we are still heavily re-balancing and changing things and adding new content. So it makes more sense to first try to get one difficulty setting ("normal") the way we intend it to be and then create easier and harder difficulties in rleation to that.
    gregggo said:

Also, I reached the end of the game. Got something like 56000 points or whatever they are. Did quite a few side missions too. But I found NOT ONE blueprint. I like everspace 1 the best.

Are you referring to crafting blueprints? At the moment you gain more blueprints by gaining crafting xp by crafting. But we added the whole crafting at the very last minute before Early Access release, so note that there are a lot more changes to come, it's just not done, yet.
  • gillsgarryygillsgarryy Member Posts: 1
    edited September 13
    Thank you very much for the praise and for your support! mx player