joystick have dead zone even when dead zone is set to 0 in options

hello. i have problem with dead zone settings. i have highly accurate virpil joystick which dont need dead zone. so i set all dead zones to zero in options, but still i have relatively large dead zone ingame. please tell me how to entirely remove dead zone, thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• ManuLHanManuLHan Member Posts: 9
    Can confirm.

I was recently calibrating joysticks and found out that there is some additional dead zone in the game.
    Dead zone setting work and DZ varies when I change them, but when set to 0, there's still some DZ. And it's quite a loss for mid-long range precision and controlling bulky ships that can't quickly stop turning after doing it quickly.

Furthermore, if joystick axes are set up with square function response curves, about the first 1/3 way to the top that stick moves - works as extra precision zone. And currently the game can't see it.

With these settings:

While running Joytester software on another screen and slowly twisting the joystick, I can see that the ship starts turning only at the point marked on the screenshot below (in my case it's about 10% of input range and 1/3 of handle twist). And it starts turning much faster than I'd like, since mouse can provide much smaller precision steps to which the ship can properly respond.

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,297
    I'm wondering if there is another software running, a joystick driver, a remapping tool, a joystick configuration tool that is causing it
  • ManuLHanManuLHan Member Posts: 9
    edited January 30

I'm wondering if there is another software running, a joystick driver, a remapping tool, a joystick configuration tool that is causing it

Seems unlikely.
    I tested, for example, Star Citizen, with exact same setup and same set of running side programs (just closed ES2 and opened SC, did no other changes). There it was working fine and responding right from the start of the curve.

Also these joysticks work without a driver. At least I didn't install anything separately and the device starts working after plug in.

Update: tested with every joystick-related software closed. No difference. Still seems to me like hardcoded game setting. Just comparing for example yaw speeds when:
    1. Using mouse and moving cursor just a tiny bit out of mouse deadzone circle.
    2. Using joystick and catching up with the slowest yaw speed possible.
    The latter yaw speed is several times faster, looking like it's not supposed to use joystick for precision.