Early access Linux support

Will ES2 have native Linux support in early access?

Comments

• HazzyDevilHazzyDevil Member Posts: 27
    Native Linux support will be at full release in first half of 2022. Currently in the beta proton works so I’d imagine this to be the case for the duration of Early Access.
  • DiHidrogenMonooxideDiHidrogenMonooxide Member Posts: 12
    So again I’ll need to buy two copies... first on steam - where is stable proton. Then on GOG (hate DRM) after the release.....
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,308
    edited January 11

So again I’ll need to buy two copies... first on steam - where is stable proton. Then on GOG (hate DRM) after the release.....

Nope, first of all, we'll also be selling the Early Access version on GOG on Jan 18 as part of their Games In Development program. And second of all: Our Steam version will also be DRM free (just as Everspace 1 was)
    > @ROCKFISH_Andi said:
    > Nope, first of all, we'll also be selling the Early Access version on GOG on Jan 18 as part of their Games In Development program. And second of all: Our Steam version will also be DRM free (just as Everspace 1 was)

Nice! But I like GOG version better - I can carry installation files to places where there is no internet.

So - did I understand correctly that linux version will be later? Or it will be available on Jan 18?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,308
    edited January 11
    Linux will come later, most likely not before we reach Full Release.
    Ok!