Game crashes on startup

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Distribution Platform: Steam
GPU: GTX 960
Nvidia Driver: 446.14
CPU Intel i7 3770 3rd Gen
RAM: 8 GB

Follow up from an email that I've had with support:

I removed all app data from %localappdata% and did a fresh install of the game. The still game crashes on startup, however, this time I am greeted with the following screen(attached) and error dump (attached).

Any help on how I can get this to run would be appreciated. As mentioned in the email, the game runs just fine on my laptop. I'm inclined to believe there may be a hardware problem with my desktop though other titles I have installed seem to be working.

Answers

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,217
    I've never seen this exact error message before. I just googled it, and it seems to have appeared in another Unreal game and it seems the solution was to reinstall/verify (yet again, and with a restart)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/360940/discussions/0/1643169167158556141/

Sorry, I can't tell you more.
  • karona75karona75 Member Posts: 2
    It wasn't a software issue. As suspected it's a hardware problem. Once I moved the game to my main drive that houses my OS it worked just fine. All the other titles I was trying to run just started failing.

The SSD the game was on is reporting bad sectors according to the Western Digital Diagnostic software provided for it. Just called WD and they just RMA the drive and I am currently waiting for a new one. Once I get the new drive I'll try to run it again.