Elite Alien Fighter

RudalRudal Posts: 10Customer
I just encountered one with a bunch of drones and normal fighters attacking Outlaw Fighters.
Can you even destroy those guys? I had Gatling 2 equipped and Beam Cannon and all I could do was get his shields to 50%
Before I turned around for another attack his shields were full again!!
Anyone had any luck killing them?

Comments

• isignisignisignisign Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    Are you talking about the Elite Alien Fighter? You can wreck them but it takes a LOT I had to burn a load of missiles just to kill one. In a normal fight where there is just one elite and some other regulars I normal chase down the elite first and burn everything on him and slowly recover energy to deal with the rest. Gotta be smart and make sure to stay on his tail, NEVER allow him to face you.
  • GriefedGriefed Posts: 14Customer
    Spamming missiles seems to work fairly well against them. Fly in, launch missiles and shoot whatever you've got until it's dead, then take care of the rest that's around you.
    Always stock up on missiles, they can save your shiny metal behind. :)
  • AndersAnders Posts: 7Space Optimizr
    Usually it works best to destroy their supports first. They usually come with another fighter or several drones (repair, web, combat). You can take those out rather quickly with a Gatling and then focus on the Elite one. If you fly at them head-on and fire with a pulse laser you will hit most shots and they will swerve off to avoid collision. If you stick to them, they will keep avoiding you as to not give you a target. Just keep shooting at this point because they won't fire back. You can pretty much do this with every tough flier right now..
  • filippov.kostyafilippov.kostya Posts: 8Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr
    how to destroy the alien warship?))
  • fdiaz78fdiaz78 Posts: 101Space Optimizr
    I spammed about 15 missles and finished him off with Gatling gun. Dropped a whooping 400 credits. Was not impressed. These guys should drop a blueprint or weapon.
  • withoutapaddlewithoutapaddle Posts: 14Common Alpha Backer, Customer

I doubt it's possible. They seem to be treated more like stationary "building" than craft. I've hidden inside the superstructure before while 12+ enemy fighters tried to find/kill me. It was kind of amusing.
  • doomgaze99doomgaze99 Posts: 2Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Rogue

I doubt it's possible. They seem to be treated more like stationary "building" than craft. I've hidden inside the superstructure before while 12+ enemy fighters tried to find/kill me. It was kind of amusing.
    I've managed before, (prior to the recent update, mind you), but it was tough
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Posts: 107Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

Are you referring the the BATTLESHIP or the Cruiser? The alien gunship/cruisers are easy to kill, but I doubt those battleships are currently killable with their drone spam alone.
  • HypevosaHypevosa Posts: 24Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Optimizr

Are you referring the the BATTLESHIP or the Cruiser? The alien gunship/cruisers are easy to kill, but I doubt those battleships are currently killable with their drone spam alone.
    Are the drone servers on the battleships immune to damage or something?
  • ES_10374ES_10374 Posts: 13Kickstarter Alpha Backer, Space Pro

The drone spam isn't the problem, you can deal with them with a long range weapon and hiding behind an obstacle - running out of time is. All the hard points on the Alien Warship have so many hull points it takes ages to chew through them.

Not to mention the Waship itself seems immune to damage. No matter where or what you hit, its hull points aren't going down. At all.