Newbie, old guy

SeeutopSeeutop Member Posts: 4
This may be a dumb, lame question to many of you, but I have never played these games before. Need something to do while awaiting surgery and the beginning of next novel.
I am so tied of dying, not locking on targets for a kill, heck not even catching up to their ship for the kill, and not retrieving merchandise. Is there a tutorial that addresses simple issues that gamer's would normally blow-off as being a known subject . Many of you are young and seem to be born into this gaming. I suppose that at 73 yo, I'm just slow:). Any help?

Answers

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    Hey there! Everspace is definitely a fast-paced shooter, so it definitely requires some getting used to. I made a tutorial a while back that covers a lot of the basics in the hardcore game mode, but it applies to the standard game mode as well.

The audio in the video wasn't balanced well (whoops), but you can also read the on-screen prompts that give direction during the video, too.

Hope this helps!

• SeeutopSeeutop Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I will try anything. At least when I get killed I don't feel a thing.
    Here's the thing. How do I lock on a target, when they are faster than my fingers? Is there a trick? A lock feature? Or is it by divine intervention?
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    Yes, you can lock your target by pressing T or middle mouse button. You will also automatically lock the target that shoots at you in case you have not locked anything else.
    To lock on target? Do you mean the button in the middle of the controller? Is there any way to use the keyboard plus the controller? PS?
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Moderator Posts: 579
    On the controller you should be able to lock your target by pressing the right stick.