Why

gregggogregggo Member Posts: 39
Why doesn't anyone else post on this forum? Gawd-dam game pisses me off. That's what I want to say. I am in a fight with swarm fighters and -BEEP- near whipped them all when all of a sudden a see words that say: "leaving safe orbit, turn back"! Where the -BEEP- is BACK? Where the -BEEP- is it? So I head for the green warp spot and all of a sudden I am being returned to the funny-farm and this stinking robot voice is telling me that it could not allow me to abandon the mission. -BEEP-? W.T.F.? F-you robot.

Comments

• EnerJayEnerJay Member Posts: 5
    Regarding your first question, most people are focused on ES2 :smile: but there are still mods and devs checking this forum every now and then from what I have seen.

Regarding your second issue, that happens because there's a maximum distance you can travel away from the features of a zone. Best way to get out of that situation is to aim back towards one of the features in the zone (like a trader, giant asteroid, etc) and boost like -BEEP-
  • gregggogregggo Member Posts: 39
    ES2? It hasn't even been born yet! People might not even be alive when THAT is made. Reminds me of children that can't keep on one subject more than one minute or so.
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Administrator, Moderator, Space Cat Posts: 1,110
    gregggo said:

ES2? It hasn't even been born yet! People might not even be alive when THAT is made. Reminds me of children that can't keep on one subject more than one minute or so.

The Alpha is fast approaching, only about a month away.
    And with the full game coming next year, I can understand the fanbase of ES1 (a game that came out 4 years ago) are turning their attention a bit.

The team is still checking through the forums making sure you're accounted for, granted at a more leisurely pace due to the development focus on ES2.

Regarding the safe orbit, ES1 is built in procedurally generated areas, so there is a limit to where you can fly. If you go too far in one direction, you need to turn back to where the content of the area is (where structures, asteroids and resources reside). The green warp spot is to get to the next procedurally generated area.
  • gregggogregggo Member Posts: 39
    OK. Finally got it. Only problem I have now is how to beat those Okkar forces. I died at least 250 times trying to get them all. Finally, I just started beating feet when I heard that warning (you are about to get killed) sound. Not a bad game for an old fart. I will be buying E2. Good job on your part.
  • EnerJayEnerJay Member Posts: 5
    yeah the okkar forces that jump in are supposed to force you to run to the next sector :sweat_smile: