Bug: No sound in game; only on menus

brittp30brittp30 Member Posts: 2
edited March 17 in GAMEPLAY (ES1)
I decided to reinstall EVERSPACE recently after an extended hiatus only to find that the audio does not function whatsoever in the actual game. There are no voices, music, or sound effects through my main headset (a HyperX Cloud Alpha with a HyperX Amp USB Sound Card). Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I found some threads discussing VR Headsets and some issues that arose do to having one plugged in but I have not had one plugged in for a long time.

Edit: Ouch. I also just found out that a horrible crackling noise plays when I pause/unpause if I press the button which disables the artificial 7.1 surround sound on my headset via the HyperX Amp USB Sound Card. I thought it might be an issue with 5.1/7.1 sound and that stereo would fix it, but it does seem to have made the issue much worse.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,218
    Not sure I can help here, how does it behave when not using a headset? The most common problem with "no sound" seems to be that people have set their sound settings to 5.1 but only have stereo speakers - but you seem to have ruled it out already - so how is it on your normal PC speakers when playing in 2D?
  • brittp30brittp30 Member Posts: 2

Not sure I can help here, how does it behave when not using a headset? The most common problem with "no sound" seems to be that people have set their sound settings to 5.1 but only have stereo speakers - but you seem to have ruled it out already - so how is it on your normal PC speakers when playing in 2D?

It sounds great on my normal speakers. It's just that I can't always use them since I have others living with me. I am going to try it with a different set of headphones soon and see if that fixes it.