Encounters patches dilemma on GamePass PC.

j4nuj4nu Member Posts: 3
Hi,
I'm a bit late to the party I guess as I've just started playing Everspace this week, mostly because I've noticed it's available on GamePass PC (but I did hear about it before :smile: ). After getting used to the flying model I'm starting to really like it and I'm now thinking of buying the expansion, but there's one thing I need to clarify:
I've heard there will be no more patches for GamePass PC version of the base game (windows store) - still stuck on 1.2.10, is it the same with the Encounters expansion? Should I look for it on Steam/GoG/... :wink: ?
If I buy Encounters expansion now on Windows Store, will it update my version of the game to the newest patch?

Cheers!

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,174
    Hi, yes, the game pass version is slightly behind with updates and it's unlikely that we'll release another one. Fear not, though, as none of the recent fixes were really that huge and important.

Regarding where to buy, in your case I'd buy it on the Windows Store, because otherwise it might not be compatible and you also might have to move the location of certain downloaded files which could be a bit tricky.
  • j4nuj4nu Member Posts: 3
    edited March 11
    Thanks for your response. To me, this is just another proof nobody should take windows store seriously :wink: . I'll keep playing for now and consider the expansion once I'll feel the need for something new ...
  • j4nuj4nu Member Posts: 3
    Got it on GoG :smiley: !