[006] HUD spaceship indicators too cluttered

stoicstoic Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 20
edited January 23 in SUGGESTIONS (ES2)
Category: Interface
Severity: Medium

I feel that you can achieve all that you want to achieve with the spaceship indicators on the HUD by just using the icon without a border. Right now it is far too cluttered, especially when there are lots of ships nearby. If you keep the borders, they should add some new information that the icon itself doesn't but currently it doesn't appear they do.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,156
    We've already changed it. I'm a bit scared of the leading zeroes you're using in your subjects - you don't plan on reporting more than 100 issues, are you (Edvard Munch's scream emoji)?
    To be fair, all of the reports you have made are absolutely valid, but as I already pointed out, we're so much further in development already compared to the version you're playing (which is from 6 months ago). So I think you're wasting a bit of time here with these detailed, nicely done reports. Like we point out in the prototype's title screen, it's way too early to report bugs or give feedback because we're aware of many problems and have already changed so much. So I think it makes more sense to wait for the Alpha.
  • stoicstoic Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 20

We've already changed it. I'm a bit scared of the leading zeroes you're using in your subjects - you don't plan on reporting more than 100 issues, are you (Edvard Munch's scream emoji)?
    To be fair, all of the reports you have made are absolutely valid, but as I already pointed out, we're so much further in development already compared to the version you're playing (which is from 6 months ago). So I think you're wasting a bit of time here with these detailed, nicely done reports. Like we point out in the prototype's title screen, it's way too early to report bugs or give feedback because we're aware of many problems and have already changed so much. So I think it makes more sense to wait for the Alpha.

@ROCKFISH_Andi Well I'm glad you said so now rather than after I reached issue [999]! 😂😋 I knew the prototype was out of date but I figured it'd be best to get my thoughts in as early in development as possible and let you guys decide whether it's relevant rather than me just guessing which features you fixed already or not. The truth is I don't want to post any issues (they take effort/time!), but I want this game to succeed and you guys to succeed so you can keep making awesome games and so I felt it a worthy investment. But if you think it's better to wait, that makes my life easier. ^_^

If it's all the same to you then, I'll just post one more thread with all the notes I've written so far, not very fleshed out but there might be some useful ideas in there and I'll just leave it at that until Alpha. 🙂
  • lol_hypelol_hype Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 42
    edited January 24
    Heres a still of the updated UI as of early January

I am already a massive fan of this new direction and posted some wireframes in the Discord showing how a layout very similar to this one could lead to an overall better experience.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440263357388423189/638784477430153216/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440263357388423189/638784565749743616/unknown.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440263357388423189/638784844846858283/unknown.png

EDIT: @stoic since you're a fan of detail - those health bar lengths scale linearly as opposed to being a relative percentage in the current Prototype UI. So 1 unit of hitpoint protection translates directly to a number of pixels for the length of the bar. I assume they have a solution for the lategame when you've built your load out up, but this seems, to me at least, far more intuitive.

As for the boost bar around the crosshair, it only turns blue when charging or being discharged. While static, it goes white/transparent. If this hasn't already been implemented for weapon energy, can I make the suggestion that it might be a QOL "nice to have"? - apologies for my clunky wording.

Obviously I am judging this only off face value but it seems nice that during exploration those bars interrupt the view less.
  • Ganodi GungiGanodi Gungi Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 56
    That's not clutter this is clutter. :o

There goes nothing, space pollution what a mess.

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,156
    @Ganodi Gungi Regarding the 200+? containers - How long have you been playing and do they result because you never pick them up and sell stuff, or how did this happen? I know that we're saving every single loot drop so you can come back to the location and pick it up after. The plan is to have them deleted after a certain amount of time has passed, but I think that this has not been activated for the prototype.
  • Ganodi GungiGanodi Gungi Customer, Collector Beta Backer ES1 Posts: 56
    edited January 24
    Actually some containers were there, and I destroyed a lot of freighters also I do sell everything eventually. I have over 300,000 credits, my goal is to actually reach an all legendary status, a mix of level 10 and 11 if at all possible maybe even an all level 11 status. Also why not make a loot asteroid belt.
    As for the green stains were pulled together because of a full cargo.
    B)