UE4 Crash

After I played for a while an UE4 crash occured. Every time I want to start the game now this crash appears:

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,308
    Hi, does the main menu load? Or does it crash when you hit "continue"? Maybe something on your system changed, because the crash is the widespread Unreal engine crash "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost" which seems to happen on some systems, when it's "too much for the pc/card to handle". Here is a thread with the same error occuring in Everspace 1 and with possible solutions for the problem: https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/5248/crash-report#latest
  • neXPerneXPer Member Posts: 3
    The main menu appears for 2 seconds then it crashes
  • GilipheounGilipheoun Member Posts: 4
    i am having a similar issuie. but i dont get menu at all. just the splash bar then crash.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,308

i am having a similar issuie. but i dont get menu at all. just the splash bar then crash.

Are you on win10? If not, it probably starts for you if you add the launch parameter -dx11 However, be aduvused that our minimum requirement is win10, so we can't promise that the game will run on win7 with future unreal engine updates
  • GilipheounGilipheoun Member Posts: 4
    edited January 21
    Yes Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 64 all up to date.
    I havent had this issue with any other game that uses unreal or benchmark programs