Multiple weapons

Mordeth_KaiMordeth_Kai Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 11
Playing the demo I found that there wasn't much reason to change main weapons beyond some performing better at different ranges. Having different tools to swap between isn't bad, but it feels like there should be more to it.

Suggestion 1: Allow players to set weapon groups to swap between, allowing players to fire multiple weapons simultaneously. The drawback is that weapons may have to be toned down to account for the increase in power, and a little re-balance to energy management.

Suggestion 2: Give each weapon its own energy pool on top of the universal energy pool currently in the game, so players can swap weapons as energy gets low on them, giving another reason and benefit to swapping mid-combat, besides best tool for the job.

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Common Alpha Backer ES1, Customer Posts: 2
    The problem is mostly the damage values for all weapons are too similar (lasers deal too much physical damage, guns deal too much heat damage). It might be like that because at low levels, damage types are very similar, but they might become much more pronounced at higher levels
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Administrator Posts: 1,180
    Yeah, it's not really tweaked and balanced, yet. Differences will be more meaningful later. And you seem to have read our minds, because we started implementing suggestion 2 a few weeks ago and are currently testing/evaluating this approach
  • lol_hypelol_hype Member, Kickstarter Alpha Backer ES2 Posts: 42
    edited December 2019

Suggestion 1: Allow players to set weapon groups to swap between, allowing players to fire multiple weapons simultaneously. The drawback is that weapons may have to be toned down to account for the increase in power, and a little re-balance to energy management.

Erik showed an early Gunship blockout which has 2 sets of primary slots. I am very much down for this.
    Yeah, it's not really tweaked and balanced, yet. Differences will be more meaningful later. And you seem to have read our minds, because we started implementing suggestion 2 a few weeks ago and are currently testing/evaluating this approach

Nice, I welcome this - definitely had issues where the weapon energy gauge ran out a little too early. Looking forward to the Alpha!