Mac OS Catalina 64 bit Update?

Just bought this game on steam for Mac OS right after I updated to Catalina. Doesn't seem to work :( Wondering if there will be a 64 bit update for the game?

Answers

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,088Moderator
    Hi, it's too early to tell. Keep in mind the game was released more than two years ago and we're now busy with Everspace 2. We'd first have to test this first, but as there seem to be some major changes with this OS, it could be that we won't be able to fix this ourselves and might have to wait for a new Unreal Engine version from Epic. So, if there will be an update (and there might be none), don't expect it anytime, soon.
  • wwladwwlad Posts: 2Member
    Wow, I finally got past the "I am not a robot" thing and logged in.
    My copy seems to work on Catalina except the enemy ships are far to fast to follow or hit with a laser or gun. Missiles seem to work well. It took me over 30 min to get past the beginners section - I just couldn't get the enemy ship in my sights. I am using the keyboard and touchpad on a 2017 MacBook pro, 13".
    Everything else seems to work well and the graphics are great. I think I will like EverSpace 2 even more.
  • MitchismoMitchismo Posts: 1Member
    What's odd is that I have a MacBook running Catalina that runs the game but a desktop MacBook which does not. Is there a 64 bit version in there? Is there some command I can give it to get it to run on the iMac.

It still runs great in BootCamp—but it seems odd it will run on one Mac in Catalina but not the other.