Questions about Everspace 2

quietbeatquietbeat Posts: 1Member
I recently tried Everspace and it's OK so I've got some questions about Everspace 2.

I'm interested in this game but before I commit, I have a few questions.

1. Is this a survival game like Everspace and if so, what aspect must I be aware of and how to I acquire them?

2. Will there be multiple layouts; can I have a particular ship configuration that I like, save it and create another load out with another ship?

3. For the story and interactions with other NPCs, will there be choices and consequences like:

a. Someone comes up to me and asks for my help. If I say No then the option to help them in the future on THAT mission is gone and I’ll face the consequences.

b. The game will present different dialog options depending on a skill?

c. There will be random events both small and large. Maybe it’s to gather or kill something and if I’m close enough to the NPC to intervene don’t, that could have a consequence.

d. If there are companions, they have their own agendas, likes, etc. so if I go against them or handle a mission in a timeframe, there are consequences.

4. Will there be skills and/or mounts that effect how I maneuver, how fast I can go, etc?

5. For the enemy AI:

a. Will the enemy use line of sight (My Favorite) or have a radius around them to see me?

b. Can enemy ships call for reinforcements, retreat, etc?

c. Will the enemy continue to pursue me if I move further away from where we met (My Favorite) or will they “guard” a certain area and return there and have their health reset if I get to far away?

6. Space combat

a. Will I be able to target specific parts of an enemy ship such as communications, weapons, engine, etc?

7. Shops:

a. Buying:
i. Will you show a side-by-side comparison between what I have equipped against what I’m hovering over?

ii. Will you have your list of items sorted and allow the user to customize how items are displayed, i.e., purchasable, more power, etc.?

b. Selling:
i. Will you have the option to sell anything except equipped items?

8. Crafting
a. Will the game inform me when I’ve found enough material to build/upgrade an item?

Best Answer

Answers

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,104Moderator
    Hi, see our answers below, but to get a good impression of what the game will be like, we recommend taking a look at some Let's Plays of the Demo version that we already showcased on select conventions:

1. Is this a survival game like Everspace and if so, what aspect must I be aware of and how to I acquire them?

No, it's not a survival game

2. Will there be multiple layouts; can I have a particular ship configuration that I like, save it and create another load out with another ship?

Not really, but you can have more than one ship on your base and equip/configure them all to your liking.

3. For the story and interactions with other NPCs, will there be choices and consequences like:
    a. Someone comes up to me and asks for my help. If I say No then the option to help them in the future on THAT mission is gone and I’ll face the consequences.

There might be a few decisions with consequences, but don't expect too many.

b. The game will present different dialog options depending on a skill?

No, there won't be dialog options to choose from.

c. There will be random events both small and large. Maybe it’s to gather or kill something and if I’m close enough to the NPC to intervene don’t, that could have a consequence.

There will be random events

d. If there are companions, they have their own agendas, likes, etc. so if I go against them or handle a mission in a timeframe, there are consequences.

Not a big focus, there might be a few decisions with consequences, but don't expect too many

4. Will there be skills and/or mounts that effect how I maneuver, how fast I can go, etc?

Yes

5. For the enemy AI:
    a. Will the enemy use line of sight (My Favorite) or have a radius around them to see me?

Both, depending on the enemy type

b. Can enemy ships call for reinforcements, retreat, etc?

Probably

c. Will the enemy continue to pursue me if I move further away from where we met (My Favorite) or will they “guard” a certain area and return there and have their health reset if I get to far away?

Both, depending if they are guards, guarding a place or not

6. Space combat
    a. Will I be able to target specific parts of an enemy ship such as communications, weapons, engine, etc?

No

7. Shops:
    a. Buying:
    i. Will you show a side-by-side comparison between what I have equipped against what I’m hovering over?

Yes

ii. Will you have your list of items sorted and allow the user to customize how items are displayed, i.e., purchasable, more power, etc.?

There will be filters/sorting options

b. Selling:
    i. Will you have the option to sell anything except equipped items?

Yes, there will be some sort of "sell all" option

8. Crafting
    a. Will the game inform me when I’ve found enough material to build/upgrade an item?

We had this in Everspace, but not sure we'll have it in Everspace 2, depends on how the crafting will work (we have design concepts, but they are subject to change and have not yet been implemented)
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 142Member
    A quick question to nail it :) What is the goal of ES2 (and what happens once it is reached)? That is, in ES1 we had to make it to the end of the tracks, do something there unless the story is finished, then restart. As now we will be somewhat free, I guess we will be given various objectives from time to time - and once done with them all we are on our own. Will there be some post-story gameplay?
    Also, some grim question :) Death - what happens, how normal is it in ES2 (as in ES1 it was pretty normal) etc?
    By the way, you said no subtargetting. Does this mean there will be no bigger enemies with weakspots and destructible turrets, or this only applies to fighters?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,104Moderator

What is the goal of ES2 (and what happens once it is reached)? That is, in ES1 we had to make it to the end of the tracks, do something there unless the story is finished, then restart. As now we will be somewhat free, I guess we will be given various objectives from time to time - and once done with them all we are on our own. Will there be some post-story gameplay?

Yes, there will be stuff to do after having finished the main quest (or all quests).

Also, some grim question :) Death - what happens, how normal is it in ES2 (as in ES1 it was pretty normal) etc?

The game won't be as difficult, unless you set it on the hardest difficulty. You will be taken back to the last checkpoint or autosave. When having collected some (rare) equipment since your last save, then you will most likely keep it but receive some sort of penalty (we don't know exactly, yet)

By the way, you said no subtargetting. Does this mean there will be no bigger enemies with weakspots and destructible turrets, or this only applies to fighters?

There will be weakspots, turrets and also some armor plates etc. - I might have misunderstood the question, but in the question it seemed to be a bit more complex

• PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 142Member

the hardest difficulty

Oh, and by the way. Hardcore mode? ;) Because in ES1 it is an hour of pure fun (well, every run, even a non-hardcore one, is, TBH), so would be nice for this feature to stay in one form or another.