Any way to transfer a GOG copy of the game to steam?

(No idea where I should ask this to be honest)

I bought EVERSPACE and its Encounters DLC from GOG.com without realizing they are not keys I can redeem on steam. Now I own the game on gog, but I would want to own it on steam. Would there be any way of exporting the game to steam?

Overall I prefer steam over other platforms, because achievements, trading cards and the ability to compare with other players. (Which I can't get if I just add it as an external game on steam)

(I got on GOG.com from a random @everyone on discord that talked about big price reductions on space games.)

To be honest, I played your game cracked (I mostly only play games that are free or crackable). however your game is one of the few that I considered I would buy if I would be able to spare the money and the opportunity would arise.

Also looking forward Everspace 2, game looks extraordinary, and I can't wait to experience an open world Everspace. Good luck and proficiency in its development.

I'll be patiently waiting, sorry for the trouble

Best Answer

Answers

• PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Member Posts: 142
    edited September 26
    Although I see absolutely no reason in forcing yourself into using Steam's software (personally I always choose GOG's non-Galaxy installer over Steam), keeping the present GOG's sale-day close-to-free prices in mind I'd advice to re-buy it just to feel right about the prior cracked version usage ;)
  • TheLegendTheLegend Member Posts: 2

Although I see absolutely no reason in forcing yourself into using Steam's software (personally I always choose GOG's non-Galaxy installer over Steam), keeping the present GOG's sale-day close-to-free prices in mind I'd advice to re-buy it just to feel right about the prior cracked version usage ;)

I suppose I grew up with steam so I'm used with it, got most of my stuff there. Steam overall is easy to use and more familiar, having GOG just for one game is a bit meh. Also got a few friends with 300+ games on steam sharing their games with me so yeah, I'm a true leech >.> .

Right now I'm at university without a job tho , and I'm *Really* short on money, however after I finish University in like 2 years I'm planning of buying EVERSPACE2 for myself full price and gift it to 3 of my friends who also love the game. I may re-buy EVERSPACE1 too if I earn enough to be comfortable with affording it. That's considering I find a job right away which I should be able to.

And thank you for response Andi,(I actually wasn't even expecting a response considering the forums are so quiet nowdays.) I'll live with it now, And I'll promise I'll buy EVERPSACE 2 in full, question if I'm at it, considering I'm planning to buy it for more people, what are the chances to have co-op elements in it? It's fine if it doesn't have any or you can't say or you don't know yet. (I'm a curious fellow I suppose)
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Member Posts: 142
    TheLegend said:

having GOG just for one game is a bit meh.

So don't have it ;) The GOG's main page is slightly misguiding on this, yet you actually have two options there - either download Galaxy and use it, or just download the game's installer alone (it will neither install a launcher nor require it this way). In the second case, you end up with a correctly (Windows-standard, that is) installed game along with a classic EXE-targeted shortcut, which is really nice :)
    ps yeah, I grew up with diskettes, so accept no launcher but the OS interface itself :)