Game crashes on startup

Today (1.Sept.2019) everspace doesn't work anymore, it always crashes when I want to start the game
Can somebody help me please?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    Hi, do you get an error message that you could post here? I seem to have trouble opening the dump file, so this might be faster to give us an idea what's going on.

Other than that: When was the last time the game started for you? Did anything change on your system since then? Could you try to verify the integrity of game files and see if the problem remains? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
  • ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 105Member, Moderator
    Hello, thanks for the info and we're sorry you're having this issue.
    Could you upload us your system hardware information please? You can generate a file containing all relevant information by hitting Win+R, typing "dxdiag" and the in the newly open window, pressing "save all information". The information will help us further with identifying your problem.

Also, does this happen right at the game start, or when you try to load a save game from the main menu?
  • bluethunder3456bluethunder3456 Posts: 3Member
    Hi Till, the game crashes right at the Startup. I don't even reach the main menu.
    I have already tried the steam-integrity-check, and later I de-installed the game and re-installed it again, but it still crashes when I want to start the game. I have just sent you a message with a screenshot of the unreal Engine crash Reporter as well as the Output of the DxDiag-tool.
  • ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 105Member, Moderator
    Thanks for the information!
    - I noticed that you have a joystick, could you try unplugging that and then try starting the game?
    - Also, do you have any other software running that might overlay the game, such as NVidia Ansel? If so, try closing that as well.
    - I assume you're not playing in VR?
    - It seems strange that there is no error message showing up in your screenshot (only that debugging symbols couldn't be loaded). Could you have a look whether there is a RSG-Win64-Shipping.pdb in your game installation folder at EVERSPACE\RSG\Binaries\Win64 ? If it's not there, your game installation might be incomplete.
  • bluethunder3456bluethunder3456 Posts: 3Member
    Good evening, I just unplugged my Joystick (model: Dark Tornado) from the USB-Port and now everthing works fine again. It seems, the Joystick has caused the Problem.
    I am able to reproduce the crash by plugging the Joystick in. :-)
    Anyway, thanks a lot for your help. Please let me know if I can give you any other informations.
    Greetings from Munich to everyone @ROCKFISH!