Crash in normal mode, can't even select ship

KrontKront Posts: 1Member
I reinstalled this game after a year. I can't play on normal mode. I'm abe to play on hardcore, so it's not a problem related to shitty hardware. My drivers are updated. I'm using GoG, verify game files did nothing

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!UBuffComponent::TickComponent() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\buffs\buffcomponent.cpp:42]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTickHelper<<lambda_6397f6991c87904c14c1875ce2825c95> >() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\gameframework\actor.h:3099]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:797]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:272]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:834]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilIdle() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:584]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1455]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1468]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,064Moderator
    Hi, it shouldn't happen, but it sounds to me like a problem with an old save game after updating the game. We'd like to take a look at your save games and try to reproduce the problem here. They are located at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames - we would need the CurrentPlayerSave.sav and (if the file exists) the CurrentRunSave.sav. Could you please zip them and attach the zip here? Note that the AppData folder is hidden by default, you can most easily access them by typing %localappdata% in a windows explorer address field.

Now, after having attached the save games, you could try deleting/renaming the CurrentRunSave.sav and try to start the game and see if the problem persists. If it does, try the same thing with the CurrentPlayerSave.sav