Closing Laptop Lid - Causes Crash

billgagebillgage Posts: 1Member
Just closed my laptop lid.

LoginId:2e20fb0f477fe48bbe50b4a7b224ee3a
EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 1114] GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 5153.98 secs

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GameThreadWaitForTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:1120]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3662]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32
ntdll

Comments

• PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 128Member
    "Just" is pretty much not a word for closing the lid as a lot of things happen backstage whenever you do this. Most likely your laptop is set to enter the sleep mode should the lid be closed, or switch off the discrete GPU by some other means. The most games as well as many GPU-dependent programs will not like running with the GPU disappearing all off sudden, resulting in a crash. The sleep mode, hibernation or any other way to "pause" the machine also messes up any timers, making the software watchdogs trigger for thinking they've been waiting for eternity for a call to complete. So, long story short, should you need to frequently close the lid for one reason or another, disable one's effects in the OS first, so that would really be a "just close the lid" without any further consequences.
    By the way, it so nice of you guys to never post your system specs nor the OS version ;) Especially in the case of laptops, where they tend to switch the screen off no matter what, and your particular model may easily stop the screen scan-out as well, resulting in the infinite sync intervals.