Weird Strobe Lights then Crash

BigZZ40BigZZ40 Posts: 2Member
edited July 16 in Crash Reports
I Was playing the game a few days ago and i started seeing this weird strobe light's in different colours on my screen, game ran find on my system with no problems until this happened. It first started after my sensor's were destroyed in a fight with Okkar Fighters and now persist's in every run even after a full PC restart. The strobe light's increase in regularity and intensity until the game crash's.

A video uploaded to YouTube showing the issue:
(The video is unlisted and can only be viewed through the link)

The most recent crash report:

LoginId:763acc724e8536ca50afd6b145dbc413
EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0005 - 'REMOVED')

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:213]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11Result() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:249]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11EventQuery::WaitForCompletion() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11query.cpp:160]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:614]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandListExecutor::ExecuteInner() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1509]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:928]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:844]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Edit

Game is the GoG Version 1.3.4

My system specs are
Processor: Intel(RO COre I7-2600K CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Ram: 16.0 GB
64 bit OS
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 960

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comments

• PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 128Member
    Looks like something crazy is rolling inside your VRAM. As UE4 is a deferred, multiple-pass rendering engine, you don't get the classic "centered vertices" glitch as the problem happens on the transparency pass alone (where the VRAM traffic is the highest as your GPU performs a lot of RMW). Check on your drivers ("the most recent" is not necessarily "the best") though I'd start off with the GPU-Z software to check on the temperatures and voltages - hopefully you don't have the VRM malfunction (those usually either live or die, no intermediate failures) and will fix things up by simply cleaning your GPU's heatsink or oiling the fans.
  • BigZZ40BigZZ40 Posts: 2Member
    This only happens in Everspace and i have no other graphics glitches or persistent crash issues in other games. I will try and see if it helps though, thanks for the suggestion.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 128Member
    Fun fact is, UE4 is a pretty nice engine without any noticeable bottlenecking, thus can utilize the GPU somewhat highly (can guess you run it maxed-out, of course, right?) - very interesting to compare the TDP and clock values with some other engines to see the actual difference. Although it is good as it actually makes your GPU pay off instead of standing idle for no reason while you keep getting poor framerates, every problem with your system will definitely reveal itself under such a stress - say, myself I was pretty much surprised to have to rework my PSU cooling. So, you definitely need to get a TDP and temperature graphs first, and probably (and likely) it will be clear what to do next. Oh, and one more thing - better hold your VSync on as it is both a cause of frame tearing and unnecessary loads otherwise, and post your monitor specs as well. The trick is, if you have a 144 Hz one, all the heatsinks must be clean and shiny or it is a trouble brewing other way around.