Can't remap Xbox One controller (Win10 UWP via PC Game Pass)

So I've downloaded Everspace, and it seems to run fine - the standard control scheme works as expected. What I'd like to do is remap a few bits (including vertical hover up/down to the triggers).

However, clicking on the appropriate box in the remapping setup just doesn't assign anything after pressing the relevant button or axis. Specifically, the game recognises the input (the 'Press any key' dialogue disappears immediately) but the input isn't then showing up in the box, which stays blank, nor is it functioning in game (i.e. if it was due to hidden text, but the mapping was successful).

I'm aware there is complications with Unreal Engine and mapping triggers, but this issue persists even with remapping bumpers or buttons, so I'm not sure of the cause. I'd be happy to manually remap via .ini edits - but being a UWP app I don't know if they're user-accessible in %appdata% or similar, so I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 105Member, Moderator
    Hello,
    your .ini files are indeed not accessible in an UWP app. I'd suggest that you try to reset the inputs first via the Reset button in the menu, and then set them up anew - or doesn't it detect any input at all?
  • fatman032fatman032 Posts: 1Member
    I'm having the same problem. Did anyone find a workaround?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,102Moderator
    Hi, I don't think the joystick plugin we're using for the button remapping works with UWP, but not sure
  • chaoslordchaoslord Posts: 1Member
    Yeah I have the same problem, it lets me remove the bindings, but none of them seem to stick and the default config is the only thing that's available.