Sudden crash during gameplay

CryptikCryptik Posts: 3Member
Heya,

Just purchased the game today via Steam, and after about a half-hour of gameplay it froze then kicked out to windows. Copy of the crash log:

LoginId:42ed129741b0c2df070939bbb03e0f16
EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:213]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11Result() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:249]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11EventQuery::WaitForCompletion() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11query.cpp:160]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIEndDrawingViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:614]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandListExecutor::ExecuteInner() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRHICommandList::EndDrawingViewport() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1509]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindow_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:928]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:844]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Answers

• CryptikCryptik Posts: 3Member
    edited April 14
    Again, Steam edition V1.3.3 without the Encounters DLC

System is an Intel [email protected]
    8gb [email protected]
    Nvidia GeforceGTX 780 Ti
    OS is Windows 10 Pro

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,027Moderator
    Hi, you're getting the infamous and well-known Unreal issue "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.". It seems to happen when it's too much for your graphics card to handle. Other players have managed to get rid of it by toning the overclocking of their graphics card down (yours might be factory overclocked) and/or playing at lower graphics settings.
  • CryptikCryptik Posts: 3Member
    edited April 15
    Thank you for the response;. I guess if anything, just a hair surprised to hear that since I'm using a 780 Ti and read that it exceeds the recommended specs, at least according to this games store page on Steam. Either way; thank you again