Crash during tutorial

BluestreakBluestreak Posts: 2Member
LoginId:500a752c4304307e8b00d8b41e4b8bbd
EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDebug::AssertFailed() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:425]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:213]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!VerifyD3D11Result() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:249]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHICreateShaderResourceView() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11uav.cpp:225]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FDynamicRHI::RHICreateShaderResourceView_RenderThread() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rhi\private\rhicommandlist.cpp:1883]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FPositionVertexBuffer::InitRHI() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\positionvertexbuffer.cpp:189]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderResource::InitResource() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderresource.cpp:41]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!::operator()() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\tilerendering.cpp:336]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask > >::ExecuteTask() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:844]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!RenderingThreadMain() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:333]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRenderingThread::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:467]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [i:\intermediate\rsg_configurable_win\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:76]

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,027Moderator
    Hi, the message you're getting indicates the the infamous and well-known Unreal issue "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.". It seems to happen when it's too much for your graphics card to handle. Other players have managed to get rid of it by toning the overclocking of their graphics card down (yours might be factory overclocked) and/or playing at lower graphics settings.