gamepad - can't reassign

polnochpolnoch Posts: 4Member
edited March 6 in HARDWARE & SYSTEM
I'm Oculus rift cv1 user, by this reason I want to play in game using gamepad instead of keyboard and mouse.
But default buttons mapping is stupid. I've tried to reassign left stick to use it to go left-right-down-up instead of changing weapons (and assign it to cross), and found a problem: when I press down in the left stick, my vessel goes down, but also game try to change weapon too. I've already seen this problem 1 month ago, but could solve it using remapping sticks/buttons many times. But now it couldn't help.
Could you please fix this bug? Also remapping in the game menu is not convenient. Is it possible to just edit some kind of ini config file, or something similar?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_TillROCKFISH_Till HamburgPosts: 93Member, Moderator
    Hello there, it might be that your binding files got somehow corrupted. Try to reset the bindings in the options menu, if that doesn't help, navigate to C:/Users/*yourname*/AppData/Local/RSG/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/ and delete or back up GameUserSettings.ini and Input.ini, then restart the game.
  • polnochpolnoch Posts: 4Member
    edited March 17
    I can't manage it in your GUI - It's extremely unusual! Mouse doesn't click properly in what I tried to click.
    Could you please explain how to configure it manually editing configuration files? I'm IT engineer, and it's not a big problem for me. I just need a proper manual.
    Oh yes, forgot to mention that some players also have an issue where they can't assign anything in VR. You should be able to do the input assignments in non-VR mode though, and then if you play in VR they will stay that way.
    In non-VR mode my mouse can't click properly. I've paid about 1 hour. Could you please just help me edit configuration file manually?
    That sounds strange, you should be able to in non-VR mode? Could you make sure that your headset and any other input peripherals are disconnected?
    If you want to try to assign the inputs in the ini files, you'll need to find the files listed above, and change the "Key1" settings for "MoveUp", "MoveRight" (for movement), and "NextPrimaryWeapon", "NextSecondaryWeapon", "NextDevice", "NextConsumable" (for switching the equipment), wherever you see a key starting with "Gamepad_".
    That sounds strange, you should be able to in non-VR mode? Could you make sure that your headset and any other input peripherals are disconnected?

Yes, it's disconnected, but it's not important because game was launched in non-VR mode.

If you want to try to assign the inputs in the ini files, you'll need to find the files listed above, and change the "Key1" settings for "MoveUp", "MoveRight" (for movement), and "NextPrimaryWeapon", "NextSecondaryWeapon", "NextDevice", "NextConsumable" (for switching the equipment), wherever you see a key starting with "Gamepad_".

OK, I will try, thank you. Could you please check my file after I'll edit it?