are "camouflaged" derelict g&b stations intentional?

thedicemasterthedicemaster Posts: 3Member
I've had several times where I'd shoot at a regular container(non g&b) that was near a seemingly destroyed station, but then immediately hostile G&B ships appear all around me and a bunch of turrets and missile launchers wake up.
I thought G&B containers were supposed to be marked as such, so why are there G&B defences guarding unmarked containers?

Best Answer

Answers

• GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,096Moderator, Space Cat
    Hey there! I'm following up on this issue via testing, but I haven't been able to reproduce this in a way to make G&B upset upon opening a container.

I know that the damaged/destroyed G&B stations can have unmarked containers near them, but they don't prompt the G&B attack (since they consider the site as salvage, and don't care about the materials anymore). I do know that attacking the TURRETS will still make the G&B turn on you, though.

Did you happen to bump/attack a turret at all? Maybe with a splash damage weapon? Or maybe even have hostile relations with G&B prior?
  • thedicemasterthedicemaster Posts: 3Member
    I often do hit a turret once or twice because my weapons try to automatically lock onto one of them while firing at the container, but G&B doesn't respond until right after I open the container.