White screen and freeze after jumping after second Seth encounter

fazerofazero Posts: 2Member
After Seth catches me disrupting hyperspace jump I trying to jump further. Hyperjump initiated but game freezes with white screen. I have no idea how to solve this situation. How to restore the save or just restart the game?

I've bought game via steam. Version - 3397366

Best Answer

Answers

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 990Moderator
    Hi, that's a very rare bug we have not heard of in a long time (but there have been maybe 10 reports in the game's liftime).

We've neber been able to reproduce or fix the problem, but it somehow seems to be related to the video that should play after the encounter.

Please have a look at this thread on Steam, some of the suggestions might work for you, it was the original bug report: https://steamcommunity.com/app/396750/discussions/1/1290691937711749997/

It seems that a graphics driver update helped a few people. Others were able to fix it by renaming the video files (very very strange).

Either way, if nothing helps and you still have the save file at the point where the Seth encounter is triggered, you could send the CurrentRunSave.sav file and the CurrentPlayerSave.sav to support at rockfishgames.com and we will send you the files back after entering the next location. Save games are located at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames (you can go there more quickly by entering %localappdata% in a windows explorer address field and find your way from there).