This needs to be installed on a system drive

Hello! I recently picked up the "Play Anywhere" version of Everspace from the Windows Store, and am having trouble getting it installed on a drive other than C. I am getting the message "This needs to be installed on a system drive..." when trying to install it. Surely that isn't an actual requirement? I've tried uninstalling it, and rebooting, but get the same result. Any info appreciated!

Comments

• rfg_joernrfg_joern Posts: 9Moderator
    Hi GlitchKrieg,
    your are right, in general it should not matter on which drive Everspace is installed to. I just checked this on my system and can confirm that I'm running the UWP version from my secondary drive as well. But I also remember this is not the first time I'm seeing this issue and it seems that this is rooted in the UWP system. As a possible workaround I would advise to change the default storage location for apps prior to installation. In case this is not successfull, you also could try to install to C: and then move the app later on via the "Apps & Features" system panel.
    For more in-depth information have a look at this MS blog post: Installing UWP apps to alternate drives
  • GlitchKriegGlitchKrieg Posts: 2Member
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I will take a look at the article, and do some troubleshooting. I appreciate the help!
  • NocturnalWarfareNocturnalWarfare Posts: 1Member

I cannot even seem to move it after the fact, it is citing the error above. And after talking to microsoft support, they are under the assumption that this is an option enabled/disabled by the developer/publisher, which would make sense given the error message.
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,044Moderator
    We've investigated the problem and talked to Microsoft, and it turned out that it was a Microsoft Store setting that we could change in the backend, so it had nothing to do with our actual game files and no re-build was required from our side. Mircosoft did a quick re-certification and re-publish and all of you should now be able to install/move the game to any drive you like.