Suggestions for UI change for G&B Containers

ComputronComputron Posts: 4Member
I just got Everspace and I'm really enjoying it. I have some suggestions for UI improvements which I think other players would appreciate.

I think the G&B Containers should be coloured the same as your status with them. Currently they are coloured blue, same as all the other containers, which could lead a player to fire upon them if they aren't careful. If they were coloured yellow, same as the G&B Light Fighters, then the player would be warned that attacking them could provoke a response.

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,066Moderator
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion, we won't be changing this for Everspace, but we're taking notes for our next title. Currently the colors red and orange are reserved for enemy/neutral ships/turrets and blue is used for everything else. I think if we changed the colors for containers now, almost two years after the game's release it would confuse a lot of people. By the way, did you notice that when hovering the containers it says "G&B" next "container"?
  • GiraffasaurGiraffasaur Posts: 1,098Moderator, Space Cat
    Solid thoughts here!

I think something to consider for the next title is pulsing indicators to help visibility in zones with similar environmental colors. And I think it would be amazing if players had the options to select what colors indicated via menu option.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 130Member
    The idea of painting the GnB containers yellow (like a neutral ship that will fire back) feels pretty neat at first, as it is sometimes frustrating to keep checking on a container off-screen only to see it is better to be left alone. Though from the second glance those colored containers will distract you during combat, and will force you to check if it is a friendly ship coming your way or just another box :) With this said, I'd prefer to have to check on a container when things are steady (like it is now) rather then being forced to quick-decipher those icons mid-fight.
    As for the next project, should it be something like Everspace, it would be nice to be able to mark the objects on your HUD (like a separate, multiple target lock for resources, containers and such), so that you will be able to mark that fuelrhoid as an interesting thing to locate and mine it later without much confusion with 10+ floating ore bits and a plasma field 10km away :)
  • ComputronComputron Posts: 4Member
    Thanks for the response! Yes, I did notice the UI describes them as "G&B Containers", but like PedalToTheMetal wrote, it is a bother to turn the ship around and inspect a container which you would prefer not to open.
  • KendovKendov Posts: 2Member
    I actually agree with this one because I play with Sensory Overload all the time, so I always see everything everywhwere and trying to remember which of those containers were G&B and which were not it not exactly troublesome but at least annoying. Just changing their icon colour wuoldn't even cause a confusion as it is quite self-explanatory. Also, patch notes anyone?