Testing out a newly acquired mutli-missile weapon

mehzhuremehzhure Posts: 4Member
Unfortunately, i did not have the weapon long enough to know what it was called. All I remember is it fired multiple autonomous missiles. Anyway, i removed the corrosive warhead and installed this. Then, I flew outside the wrecked station area, and fired a barrage. The screen immediately locked up for a few seconds...and then I am looking at the crash report window all of a sudden.

Three files were generated from the crash, which I tried to attach...but your forum refuses to allow me to attach any of them. So...you may want to change that...anyway...

Here is the callstack dump:
LoginId:8ac586434a9a39c43cfc26b7997fae51
EpicAccountId:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWeaponComponent::ConsumeAmmo() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponcomponent.cpp:741]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!AWeaponBase::HandleFiring() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponbase.cpp:361]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FWeaponInstancesController::HandleFiring() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponinstancescontroller.cpp:482]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FWeaponInstancesController::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponinstancescontroller.cpp:660]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWeaponComponent::TickComponent() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponcomponent.cpp:1335]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTickHelper<<lambda_6397f6991c87904c14c1875ce2825c95> >() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\gameframework\actor.h:3099]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:797]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:272]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:834]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:573]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1358]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:541]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1455]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1477]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
kernel32

Comments

• mehzhuremehzhure Posts: 4Member
    I just had another crash with the same weapon. I forgot to add, I did not have anything targeted either time. Next time I get this weapon, i will attempt to find a target and try firing it with a target selected.

Here is the callstack report:
    EpicAccountId:

RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWeaponComponent::ConsumeAmmo() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponcomponent.cpp:741]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!AWeaponBase::HandleFiring() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponbase.cpp:361]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FWeaponInstancesController::HandleFiring() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponinstancescontroller.cpp:482]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FWeaponInstancesController::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponinstancescontroller.cpp:660]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWeaponComponent::TickComponent() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\rsg\source\rsg\weapons\weaponcomponent.cpp:1335]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTickHelper<<lambda_6397f6991c87904c14c1875ce2825c95> >() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\classes\gameframework\actor.h:3099]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FActorComponentTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\components\actorcomponent.cpp:797]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:272]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:834]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:573]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:1358]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:541]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\ticktaskmanager.cpp:1455]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1477]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1311]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3496]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:166]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [j:\jenkins\workspace\rsg_configurable_win_gog\engine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
    RSG_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]
    kernel32
    ntdll
  • ROCKFISH_HCKROCKFISH_HCK Posts: 562Moderator
    Hi! Thank you for the report. Can you tell us which glphys and subroutines you have installed?
  • ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,086Moderator
    Adding to this: Next time you enter a location and have the weapon installed and fire it and there is a crash, could you please make a copy of your save game and send it to support at rockfishgames . com ? We would need both the CurrentPlayerSave.sav and the CurrentRunSave.sav. They can be found at C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\Local\RSG\Saved\SaveGames. You can reach the AppData\Local folder easily by entering %LocalAppData% in a Windows Explorer address field.

It may very well be that you need to have a certain piece of equipment installed, fly a certain ship, be in a specific situation etc. for this bug to occur, so the save games could be very helpful.
  • mehzhuremehzhure Posts: 4Member
    I can do even better. I managed to snag the weapon again, and I held off firing it until I had a chance to save the game. That said, I waited until I had a target lock before firing, and it instantly locked up and proceeded to crash again.

I will go ahead and email the requested info and hopefully we can get this sorted out. As it stands now, I cannot use this weapon.

Callstack dump:
    EpicAccountId:

kernel32
    ntdll
    Thanks for sending the save games. The whole thing is a big mystery to me. I could not reproduce the crash with your save game. I tried both with the current steam version as well as with the GOG version. Plus, the crash indicates a line of code where the ammo is subtracted from the weapon, but I can't see anything wrong with the specific line of code that is showing in all of your crashes - it just doesn't make any sense at all. Sorry, I don't really know what to do here.
  • PedalToTheMetalPedalToTheMetal Posts: 136Member
    I guess knowing the exact version of the game would be a nice start...

I guess knowing the exact version of the game would be a nice start...

True, but we could see that the Unreal Engine 4.20 was used, so it should be the latest version on GOG - but still, it would be nice to get confirmation which version number is shown in the main menu.
    @mehzure Could you tell us the version number that is shown in the main menu (we're assuming it's the latest one, but we better double-check), and also - are you by any chance using any trainers or so, or is it simply the vanilla game?