UWP64 Support - Windows 10 17763.195 - Differences between Universal Windows App, Steam & GOG

NeoBeumNeoBeum Posts: 5Member
edited December 2018 in Technical Support
Hello

I am having problems locating the save game data - so that I can create a copy - as Windows Xbox Live Sync is probably just as bad as Windows Update - and Windows is in a severely perpetual broken state.

I'm also having problems locating UE4 data - though I haven't really searched for it that hard.

Are one of the developers able to provide an example of the differences for the directory structure for UWP, Steam and GOG.

I have a feeling UWP will also be using some sort of Xbox Sync Conversion - so I want to start tracing where the data loss is happening.

https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/5093/uwp64-crash-loss-of-game-save-data#latest

There are also some issues I am having with trying to remap a Xbox One controller through the Everspace In-Game Settings.
I have also raised a ticket on the MSDN/Technet/Windows Documents pages regarding XINPUT and Xbox One Controllers used on Windows OS - and depending on how much it annoys me - I may write some custom drivers for some gadgets I have lying around that works in other games.

https://forum.everspace-game.com/discussion/5087/bug-ui-input-windows-10-xb1-s-wireless-controller-input-configuration#latest

EDIT
I also just had a thought - there could also be some unforeseen issues when it comes to UWP - as users will have two distinct Microsoft Account states for Offline and Online only access to Microsoft Store Applications.

DOUBLE EDIT
... and are there any known issues for Game Version matching for cross platform save data - Xbox and Windows (UWP) version matching?

What is the current release build on Steam and is it different to what is currently available on the Microsoft Store?

Comments

• ROCKFISH_AndiROCKFISH_Andi Posts: 1,027Moderator
    Hi, the Steam version is more up to date than the UWP version, save games should be compatible, though. However, I don't think there's a way to access them on UWP - it's pretty much all a black box. And some more bad news: I don't think that the joystick plugin we're using for the key-rebinding menu is compatible with UWP, so I don't think you'll be able to rebind controls
  • NeoBeumNeoBeum Posts: 5Member
    edited January 2
    Hi ,

I've found the game locations.

I am on my mobile and not by my PC, I'll post back later
    The data files are moved and renamed by the Windows Games Service

I've found the ini files for UE4 input, so I might try to remap the XB1 Controller by config file

Hi, the Steam version is more up to date than the UWP version, save games should be compatible, though. However, I don't think there's a way to access them on UWP - it's pretty much all a black box. And some more bad news: I don't think that the joystick plugin we're using for the key-rebinding menu is compatible with UWP, so I don't think you'll be able to rebind controls

• NeoBeumNeoBeum Posts: 5Member
    I recommend that the following directory is saved for complete backup

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\AppData\Local\Packages\ROCKFISHgames.EVERSPACE

The binary data is saved in the following directory

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\AppData\Local\Packages\ROCKFISHgames.EVERSPACE\SystemAppData\wgs\QWORD_QWORDQWORD\QWORD

I haven't been able to identify what the QWORDS are yet, but I think they might be the Xbox Live Identity.
    A Temporary directory 't' is also located in 'wgs' as well as the Windows App Container Index.

The UE4 crashdump logs can be removed to reduce total backup size. Temporary NVIDIA shaders located in the 'AC' directory. They can also be deleted to reduce total size.

A roaming lock is applied to the Xbox Live profile and the user is unable to play the game on another machine or Xbox until the current session has been unlocked and synced.